Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I am so sorry for your loss. I really don't know what to say except that my heart goes out to you.

On the health exam side, I would ask about a mammogram and a pap smear. Stay on top of those. If you are 50 or over, do the colonoscopy. These are all things that suck but the tests are less onerous than the treatment and it's always better to catch them early. I would also look into getting a flu shot, it in theory keeps you healthier. I know I have been harangued into it every year by my oncologist, and I think it's working for me - if i get sick, it doesn't last long. Also, take care of your teeth and vision as well. I used to just never go to the doctor or dentist, but now I figure if insurance will pay, it is better for me to stay up to date on all this stuff. It is good that you are wanting to take care of yourself.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I am so very sorry for your loss. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help. I am not sure where you are located but I am in the NYC metro area in case you are nearby. Sending love and light your way.

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I am so sorry for your loss. My sincere condolences to you and your family. I will be thinking of you.
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

Oh my gosh! I’m so sorry for your loss. Please be kind to yourself in the weeks and months ahead of you, and do take up local friends, family and community’s offers of help so you can get a break. Let us know what we can do virtually too here!

As far health checks; I echo what others said above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'm so sorry for your loss. I think it's so incredibly thoughtful of you to remind us to make sure that we have everything in order during what is such a difficult time for you.

Wishing you peace as you tackle all of the items on your to-do list. Everyone has already offered such good advice regarding health exams. Thinking of you!!

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I am so sorry for your loss. Sending out prayers to you and your family. Please take care of yourself - physically, mentally and emotionally.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm a so sorry for your loss and can't imagine how hard each day is. I'm sure you are beyond stressed and you're running on minimal sleep. Take time to ensure you get back to a normal routine and make exercise a priority. Don't be afraid to ask for help and support. I know a few friends who have benefitted from grief support groups, especially for parents with children.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I’m so sorry for your loss!

melrose7 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My sincere sympathies to you and your kids. When I went through a sudden loss reading books about dealing with different grief helped me. I know it’s not for everyone but it may help at some point.
    I have all our passwords in a spot where DH knows and try to write in my calendar when everything is due each month. But the financial are all on me.
    Take care and try to make some time for yourself

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss. I cant even imagine.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast