bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default SAT Prep Books or Programs?

I finally checked out DS1s PSAT Score from last year. 1300. 720 verbal and 580 math. This was before he had algebra or geometry so I hope his score will be better this year (he took both last year). I’d love to find some kind of practice apparatus—a book or program that teaches a little bit every day. He’s a sophomore so he has about a year until scores really matter.

Any recommendations? Would love to hear the advice from the wise members of the BBB!

TIA!

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Link his College Board account to Khan Academy for free practice tests in line with the material they need more work on.
    Mine liked that but also liked a paper book. He went to the bookstore to pick one. Good thing he went because I’d have chosen a different one. Give him some ownership of the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Link his College Board account to Khan Academy for free practice tests in line with the material they need more work on. Baby Bargains
    This

DS1 is in 11th grade and linked his 10th grade PSAT to Khan Academy at the end of last school year so he could do the Khan Academy program over the summer and up to this year's PSAT (next week).

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks guys! That’s exactly the kind of thing I’m looking for. Somebody had mentioned something like that to me a couple years ago but although I remembered it being a smart system I could remember none of the details! I will try to figure it out. Maybe I should wait for this years PSAT though?