Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    Maggie, the latest recs are EVERYONE should take cytomel. If your endo doesn’t follow this rec, find a new endo!

They came out of the American Thyroid Association meeting of October 2018. An example, sort of, how the functional folks were ahead of the conventional folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Do you have a link talking about this Kindra? My endo has always been really good about treating symptoms vs numbers and I'd like to read this info and ask him about it, since he never brought it up at my checkup a month ago.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    Do you have a link talking about this Kindra? My endo has always been really good about treating symptoms vs numbers and I'd like to read this info and ask him about it, since he never brought it up at my checkup a month ago.
    My doctor told me that last December. She attended the meeting. She made it quite clear that this was conventional medicine and not functional. I looked at the time and didn’t see it.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My doctor told me that last December. She attended the meeting. She made it quite clear that this was conventional medicine and not functional. I looked at the time and didn’t see it.

Thanks! I'll ask him about it. Are you on Cytomel? Did you notice a difference when starting it if you are?

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks! I'll ask him about it. Are you on Cytomel? Did you notice a difference when starting it if you are?
    I’m on Armour.

meggie t is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Maggie, the latest recs are EVERYONE should take cytomel. If your endo doesn’t follow this rec, find a new endo!

They came out of the American Thyroid Association meeting of October 2018. An example, sort of, how the functional folks were ahead of the conventional folks.

So interesting! Sadly, I don't think this is being widely adopted yet. It will probably take some time. I just visited a doc (not an endo) that was telling me which docs to see that are in the practice of prescribing cytomel. Out of the list of 6, only one doc takes insurance.

fauve01 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have a friend who confessed to me a few months ago that she had gained 30+ pounds since January. She's a very active person, runs three miles a day and is always on the go. There is no way she should be gaining that much weight, even if she was eating like crap, which she isn't.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated! I just feel so bad for her, she's normally a super active person and she won't go to the doctor because they keep telling her she's "fine". I've told her they told me I was "fine" with a TSH of 3.5, but in fact I wasn't. I just want to help her feel better.
    How old is she? My first thought is MENOPAUSE. As we age, you have to eat less just to maintain. cruel, right?
    https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...n/art-20046058

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/menop..._oIgcxTgeFAVj2

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Do you have a link to this?

All I can find is their statement that T3 should not be taken alone and that combination therapy should be considered if T4 does not relieve symptoms.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

How are these results?? These are mine.

T3, free 2.8
    T4, free 1.1
    TSH 3.84

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2