Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Anyone switched from a Fitbit watch to Apple Watch?

I’ve used a Fitbit watch (currently the Versa, previously the Blaze) for quite a while but I’m now ready to move to an Apple Watch (probably 5). Fitbit has become notorious for software issues that go unfixed for years and updates that break features that previously worked. My Versa can reliably count steps and remind me if I haven’t walked 250 steps in a given hour, but that’s it.

I’m looking forward to the AW5 for text notifications, heart rate tracking that isn’t wildly inaccurate, and so much more, but I want to make sure that I can still easily count steps (and sync to my iPhone) and figure out some way to remind me to move if I’m being a sloth.

If anyone has made this switch, any tips? Any must-have apps besides the built-in AW apps? (I’ve used other iDevices for years, just haven’t left Fitbit 'til now.)

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

gamma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I did! I wore a Fitbit One for more than 6 years. My DC bought me an AW4 last year for Christmas. It does everything that you are looking for and more! I bought the model capable of cell service, which costs $10 a month. I love that it reminds me to move, is capable of making and taking phone calls and will call for help if you fall. It can also monitor heart rate and do an ekg to detect atrial fibrillation.

Dd wore a Fitbit Alta for 2 (or 3?) years before getting an Apple Watch. She loves it of course. She’s a swimmer so she likes being able to track her workouts. I got mine at the same time and I like some things like setting timers, voice texts, and notifications in general.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I had the fit bit ( cant remember which model ) before my apple watch 2 1/2 yrs ago. I much prefer my apple watch. Its a 2 I believe and Ive worn it everywhere from the ocean to my shower with no issues. I think I have 6 different bands now they are super cheep on amazon.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I had a fitbit charge 2. I got it for the heart rate stuff. It was ok. I used the heart rate stuff and the steps mainly. I was slightly interested in the sleep stuff, but not much. I did feel like it just.... didn't do a lot.

I upgraded to an Apple Watch 4 for Christmas last year. It is obviously way nicer and can do way more. But, it has no sleep stuff unless you add a different app (this is apparently changing with newer versions).

My only bitch is that the text notifications don't work on BOTH things (phone and watch) simultaneously. Phone calls notify both, but texts don't and that drives me bonkers. It wants to notify watch if phone is not being used, and phone if phone is being used. I've searched and searched for a work around to no avail. I have adjusted the settings to notify my phone all the time and to skip the watch, but I wish it'd just do both. It isn't a deal-breaker, but it does annoy me on a semi-frequent basis due to the way I use texts as reminders from my calendar.

That, and it is big and cumbersome compared to the charge 2, but that is to be expected by just looking at them.

Quote Originally Posted by khm View Post
    My only bitch is that the text notifications don't work on BOTH things (phone and watch) simultaneously. Phone calls notify both, but texts don't and that drives me bonkers. It wants to notify watch if phone is not being used, and phone if phone is being used. I've searched and searched for a work around to no avail. I have adjusted the settings to notify my phone all the time and to skip the watch, but I wish it'd just do both.
    I think I get notifications on both. In fact, I think I get them on my phone, laptop and watch. But not at the same time, they're kind of delayed.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    I think I get notifications on both. In fact, I think I get them on my phone, laptop and watch. But not at the same time, they're kind of delayed.
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204791

I'd love to know how!! I can see them on everything if I look.

But when a text comes in, I cannot get BOTH my iPhone to ding and my Watch to vibrate simultaneously like the phone calls do.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I have a Fitbit Alta HR (had a few Flexes for about 5 years until this past July when it finally died and the Alta was on sale during prime day) and I am happy with it. I still wear a regular watch (Michele tank) on my left hand and a Fitbit on my right. If I wasn’t so attached to the way a regular watch looked on me then I would go to an iwatch without even thinking twice about it, but I still like the way a watch looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

But when a text comes in, I cannot get BOTH my iPhone to ding and my Watch to vibrate simultaneously like the phone calls do.
    I have this same problem. I miss more things when I wear my watch. If I’m busy I might not notice the tap and then it doesn’t show up on my phone. I got the first Apple Watch and rarely use it. I sometimes wonder if I’d like the newer models but can’t justify buying one when I never used the last one I bought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah. I misunderstood, I thought they didn't show up at all. I didn't realize you meant audible/haptic notification. My bad!
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast