Default App for planning a road trip?

Is there an app for planning a road trip? Next summer we are planning to drive from Nashville to Boston and back. We will be staying in Boston for four nights. We will have about 10-14 days total. I definitely want to stop and stay in DC for a few days but I don’t have any other ideas. The most that I want to drive in one day is 8 hours. Is there an app to help with planning?

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I don't have an app idea, but I would print out the map and sit down with the kids and have them help you figure out a plan, it could be fun. Get an idea of distances and how long each leg will take. Kids can Google places to visit etc.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Trip Advisor has a road trip forum that's handy to ask on.

PunkyBoo is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

You can go to the Auto Club AAA (if you're a member) and ask their travel people for a TripTik. They plot out your road trip on maps and can provide advice on attractions, hotels and side trips based on your interests. I believe they can do these electronically now, but I'm not sure. My mom used to do this for all our summer road trips and it was really cool.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

gobadgers is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Following - I'd love to find a good app too. I still make spreadsheets when we go on trips but it seems practically antiquated!
    -Christine

DD, 9/07
    DS, 5/09
    and a very tolerant pup

Not an app, but there's a book called "Next Exit" that is awesome. It tells you what is at every exit every interstate and most highways. Nothing more annoying than pulling over and eating something crappy, when if you'd known there were better options 10 minutes away. It's also good for finding Costcos with gas stations.

Warning, there's also an app called Next Exit, but apparently it's a total scam and tells you nothing.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have used, and love, roadtrippers.com for years. It works great. I also use the Atlas Obscura website and tripadvisor.