Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Daily lip moisturizer

At this time of year, I wear chapstick almost all the time but I find that it dries my lips out overall. I’m happy to invest in something more pricey or from the makeup counter, but would love a good suggestion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Daily lip moisturizer

BeautyCounter lip balm is amazing....and they just introduced it in a stick for the fall/holidays this year. I bought the lip balm last year for my then 8 year old who has a habit of licking her lips a lot and this stuff works. My DD’s lip get super red when she licks them and then it gets worse if it is windy . I bought it based on Kindra’s rec here. Message me if you have any questions about it.

Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Chapstick quit working for me years ago! We've been doing really well with Paula's Choice Lip and Body Treatment Balm - it works SO well on lips and cuticles but it does not come in a stick form My DD2 also did the lip licking thing and it was bad enough that the dry irritated skin extended out beyond the corners of her mouth - I did not realize that it was due to her licking her lips until the pediatrician pointed it out and said that's what it was. This balm made it all go away.

Annie, can you link to the BeautyCouter lip balm? I looked on their website but I'm not totally clear where to find it! Something in a stick form that works as well as the PC balm would be so nice.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    BeautyCounter lip balm is amazing....and they just introduced it in a stick for the fall/holidays this year. I bought the lip balm last year for my then 8 year old who has a habit of licking her lips a lot and this stuff works. My DD’s lip get super red when she licks them and then it gets worse if it is windy . I bought it based on Kindra’s rec here. Message me if you have any questions about it.

Ty!! I love the calendula lip balm. Also Kiehls number 1 and butter balm.

We also use aquaphor.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

I lovelovelove Dr. Bronner's naked lip balm. They have flavors, too, if you'd rather do that. I assume the base formula is the same. It's super moisturizing, lasts a long time, doesn't feel waxy. I buy at Target or online.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Every night I put Vaseline on my lips. I love eos lip balm, although anything with coconut oil seems to work fine, although I wear lip gloss most days.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Aquaphor works great when we have dry lips.
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

I use the Neosporin Lip Health Overnight Renewal at night and even during the day. I like it alot.
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MMMommy View Post
    Aquaphor works great when we have dry lips.
    Yes! And my dermatologist is a big fan of Aquaphor too.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

aquaphor for seriously dry lips and overnight. For daily during the work day use I like ChapStick Green Tea Mint lip butter (still comes in their traditional tube) and EOS (though the round shape makes it less portable IMO cause you can't tuck it into a pocket easily).
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast