Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Rec your favorite nail polish available in B&M stores

Cheaper and less stinky/toxic would be a great bonus! DD (14) has gotten into painting her nails. Unfortunately, she has only had my stash of super-old polishes to work with so far. They don't dry very fast and they peel off pretty quickly. Some came from the good deals Zoya used to have regularly, and some were drugstore brands.

I searched here and found some people liked Revlon Colorstay but I can't tell yet if that is still available in stores. Doesn't look like Target carries it anyway.

I'm thinking we will go get something this weekend, either at Target, Walgreens or Sally Beauty Supply. Recs appreciated!

I like OPI it lasts a long time. Essie seems pretty popular, but I don't think it lasts as long as OPI. Target carries them both, they also carry Sally Hansen and Orly which I haven't tried.

Of course there's the old teen standby, Wet 'n' Wild.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Love Essie’s colors but it’s not great for staying power. The Sally Hansen fast drying stuff is my go to.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I swear by Sally’s base and top coats. For polish I prefer OPI. One coat base coat, two coats polish, one coat to coat. Usually lasts two weeks for me often can get three weeks.

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I also like Essie colors but think OPI is longer lasting.

dhano923 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Nails Inc. Gel Effects from Sephora. Good coverage and doesn’t chip! I use it with the Nails Inc. base coat and quick dry top coat. My current application has been on for 9 days without a single chip.
    Mom to:
    DS 10/03
    DD 11/05

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Not less stinky, but the e.l.f. sets at Target (they come out with new ones over the holidays) have been AMAZING for my kids! Lots of colors in one set, super cheap, and small bottles so that you don't end up with a bunch of a color you don't like. I've been impressed with how smoothly they apply and how nicely pigmented the darker colors are. With a good basecoat and topcoat, they last a good amount of time for kids, who are rough on their hands (plus chipping too soon isn't such a big deal anyway since they want to move on to another color to try). DD2 has been painting her own nails with these and she does a way better job than me.

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I can always find OPI (and usually Essie) nailpolish at TJ Maxx and Marshall's for $3.99 to $4.99 a bottle. It's much cheaper than most other places, but they usually have limited colors. They also frequently have sets of four tiny OPI bottles for $10 - $12.

PZMommy is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    I swear by Sally’s base and top coats. For polish I prefer OPI. One coat base coat, two coats polish, one coat to coat. Usually lasts two weeks for me often can get three weeks.
    The sally Hansen base and top coats don’t work for me at all! My nails chip within a day no matter what polish I’m using if I use those base and top coats.

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I am hooked on Zoya polish and that is what my girls use too. I usually do 2 layers and then a clear top coat of something I bought at Target years ago and my toe nails look good for 3-4 weeks. I only buy online when they do a sale, like get 3 or 4 bottles free but pay shipping (usually works out to about 4 or 5 dollars per bottle.). I also really like their polish remover (the purple kind). I got a free sample bottle and then found it at Ulta and bought a full size bottle. It smells better than regular remover and takes the polish over much more easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast