Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Wet n Wild One Step Wonder Gel is a recent favorite of mine. For a cheap polish I'm impressed how long it lasts. It's one of those that hardens best if you go outside in the sun for a little bit after you put it on.
    Lizi

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    The sally Hansen base and top coats don’t work for me at all! My nails chip within a day no matter what polish I’m using if I use those base and top coats.
    Wow! So funny that we would have such different experiences!!

anonomom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I buy Sinful Colors at Target (because it’s cheap), or Essie and I pair it with Sally Hansen Miracle Gel topcoat. Generally, my nails are good for 5-7 days with that combo.

My go-to basecoat is Formula X, purchased at Sephora several years ago. The bottle has lasted me forever.

Quote Originally Posted by ang79 View Post
    I am hooked on Zoya polish and that is what my girls use too. I usually do 2 layers and then a clear top coat of something I bought at Target years ago and my toe nails look good for 3-4 weeks. I only buy online when they do a sale, like get 3 or 4 bottles free but pay shipping (usually works out to about 4 or 5 dollars per bottle.). I also really like their polish remover (the purple kind). I got a free sample bottle and then found it at Ulta and bought a full size bottle. It smells better than regular remover and takes the polish over much more easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree Zoya polish & remover is the best I've used. I was able to find a great code on their FB page, $25 off $50 plus free wide brushes and a free 8 oz. remover, too! So, that's what we did.

Thanks, everyone, for weighing in with your experience. We appreciate it!

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I like the colors from Sinful Colors (which is usually ~$2 here) but I've been looking at ella + mila (which my Target just started carrying) because it's low-odor ... and while I like Essie's color names (and have read that Queen Elizabeth has worn their "Ballet Slippers" color for decades now), I don't think I've ever actually tried it.

I think I can also get Zoya in the grocery store, but I don't always have a lot of wiggle room in the budget for fun things like nail color.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

The longest I have EVER had polish last is 5 days, and that was last week with Essie Couture. Revlon Gel Color stay I see pretty good too, although it smells worse. My friend had a beautiful OPI color on last week; she uses exclusively OPI.

Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I use CND vinylux. It is supposed to last a week without chipping and it almost does! Better than regular polish imo. It’s available in plenty of stores. You do have to use their special top coat.
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2