Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fires again!!

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

It is raining ash and the smoke is so thick! But we are still in school!! All private and charter schools around us are closed as are all jr high and high schools, and colleges who are farther away from the fires than my elementary school. I have 4 students. Half our staff could not come in today due to being evacuated or the road closures. We passed out masks to the students who came in. It is dangerous and miserable, but lausd only cares about $$$, and not student /staff safety.

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    It is raining ash and the smoke is so thick! But we are still in school!! All private and charter schools around us are closed as are all jr high and high schools, and colleges who are farther away from the fires than my elementary school. I have 4 students. Half our staff could not come in today due to being evacuated or the road closures. We passed out masks to the students who came in. It is dangerous and miserable, but lausd only cares about $$$, and not student /staff safety.
    So frustrating! I know lots of the Santa Clarita schools closed because nobody can get in or out of the area with the freeway closed. We've got lots of missing people today that are stuck with the road closures.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

You are the one I’m thinking about!! I can’t believe you have 4 students! I really doubt they’re able to concentrate or learn. Must be so stressful all around. I hear the wind raging around me but I’m praying it subsided so firefighters can get an edge on this fire!!

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

It’s crazy!!! The union wants the schools closed

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Be safe! My company has a small satellite office in the Walnut Creek area. Power to the office wasn't cut, but just a block away it was. I wonder if the employees are having difficulty getting in.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    You are the one I’m thinking about!! I can’t believe you have 4 students! I really doubt they’re able to concentrate or learn. Must be so stressful all around. I hear the wind raging around me but I’m praying it subsided so firefighters can get an edge on this fire!!
    My 4 kids were playing with legos and magnatiles all day, so they were quite happy! lol. Most classes had less than 5 students. Our district decided to send kids home at 12:45. District said teachers and staff need to stay until normal time, but my principal sent us home when the kids left.

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

My 4 kids were playing with legos and magnatiles all day, so they were quite happy! lol. Most classes had less than 5 students. Our district decided to send kids home at 12:45. District said teachers and staff need to stay until normal time, but my principal sent us home when the kids left.
    Yay for your principal having sense!

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    It’s crazy!!! The union wants the schools closed

I hope they put up a big fuss about this!! Teachers are upset they are having to use a sick day when they could not come to work. We had to combine 2 and 3 classes because teachers couldn’t come in and not enough subs to go around. We had a total of 88 students in the entire school today.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    Yay for your principal having sense!

Totally agree! And I think what your kids did was perfect. Bravo to you for coming up with a good plan to keep them happy..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2