ncat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Help dressing kid with arm in cast.

DS2 broke his arm and now has a big cast. I can't get most of his short sleeve shirts on him and have even less idea what to do as the weather gets colder.
    ncat
    mama to DD 12/04, DS1 11/08, and DS2 7/13

Does a button up shirt work better? A zip up sweatshirt or fleece that is a size bigger to fit over it better? Maybe with a sleeveless undershirt underneath?
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Button up shirt (short sleeve) in larger sizes. Old fleece hoodies with one arm cut off for the winter (is it a full arm cast?). A warm fleece or down vest would probably also be great and can continue to be used afterwards.

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Sorry- I hope its not a bad break.

When I broke my arm, I used tank tops and fleece/flannel shirts several size larger. and a vest for winter. I wasnt hanging outside to play in the snow, so a vest was plenty warm enough for me.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

ncat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks all!
    I think I am going to have to have him borrow some tshirts from DS1 and cut a sleeve off of some others. He hates button down shirts and the one short sleeve one he has does not fit over the cast.
    It was a bad break, just above his elbow.

Default Help dressing kid with arm in cast.

Ds just wore short sleeve button down shirts. He was little and it was summer.

A kid in our neighborhood broke BOTH arms last winter snow boarding and he wore large short sleeve t shirts and a jacket draped around him. (He was in our carpool). He was 12 and not allowed to play outside with his casts (for obvious reasons). He didn’t need long sleeves because he wasn’t outside much. He had long arm casts for about a month, then short arm for a few weeks. He didn’t wear a puffer vest because he wouldn’t be able to take it on/off independently, but I think it would work well for only one arm in a cast
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)