Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Wish list craziness!

I love the fall, I love winter, I love the holidays... I HATE this time of year!!!

DC have birthdays this month and then Christmas is right around the corner. My kids never really want much. They love books, but never have much of a wish list.

The family is constantly asking for ideas. Fine, I send the first family that asks the list and tell them to let me know so I can modify for the next person. My parents are always the first. THEN comes the millions of questions. I no longer send them any ideas that are not really specific and easy since mom will research everything and call me to tell me the reviews are awful (this is DC's list, you asked and you received). Yesterday DC's bike light died and needs to be replaced. I asked my folks if they wanted to get it as a gift... Since then there have been 4 phone calls and an e-mail for a simple bike light! Most of the older DC's list is books. Seems really simple. NOPE! One set of grandparents go all over creation and constantly complain that they cannot find these obscure books that DC loves (they have amazon prime, but want to look at the book before they buy it).

I am so done!!! They don't want to give me the $ and let me shop and they want to get DC that one gift that they REALLY want! There is usually nothing that they REALLY want! Even when there is they question every single thing about it!

The kids are tweens/teens. I text the grandparents the list! Often I don't even look at it first! Take the list and LEAVE ME OUT OF IT.

Okay, rant over, time to make some tea and enjoy the fall!

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I feel your pain!! The requests and discussions here include lists for DH and I as well.....

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I am totally stressed right now because my girls are turning 13, didn't give much a list and everyone and their brother is asking for suggestions. Not only do I not have suggestions, I don't even have ideas for myself!

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    I am totally stressed right now because my girls are turning 13, didn't give much a list and everyone and their brother is asking for suggestions. Not only do I not have suggestions, I don't even have ideas for myself!
    That's when I go with gift card suggestions. Since the IL's have managed to give unusable gift card codes, I now actually say that DC's love carrying the actual cards and using those!

These people love my children and that is wonderful. Just the quantity of requests and then constant questioning is exhausting!

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    In your case, I think would see if there's a travel destination for you and the girls to take a "girls' weekend" trip and ask for contributions towards that. There has to be somewhere where your girls want to go, right?

Why are people so anti-gift cards? My kids, and every kid I know, really, really want gift cards. Sorry, OP.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    Why are people so anti-gift cards? My kids, and every kid I know, really, really want gift cards. Sorry, OP.
    Yep, my kids love gift cards and cash too! So do I!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

That drives me crazy!!!

Thankfully my parents are really good about buying from an amazon list. Or when in doubt they send gift cards or cash. However my husbands family asks what they want, and instead buy cheap junk from the 99 cents store. For what they get, they could have given my kid $5 and my kid could have used that towards something vs the junk that will go straight in the trash.

ha98ed14 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    That drives me crazy!!!

Thankfully my parents are really good about buying from an amazon list. Or when in doubt they send gift cards or cash. However my husbands family asks what they want, and instead buy cheap junk from the 99 cents store. For what they get, they could have given my kid $5 and my kid could have used that towards something vs the junk that will go straight in the trash.
    This is us, but flipped. DH's parents are on a limited budget. DD gets $25 for Xmas and $20 for birthday since she was 10. I *wish* my mom would send her $20. Instead she buys dollar store crap and then pays $$$ to UPS or FedEx to ship it from Park Ridge to Los Angeles. Cuz that's not a waste of money. She spends more on the shipping than the actual gift. Gah! You're not alone.
    Mommy to my One & Only 05.07

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

OP that is madness.
    I would be very tempted for Christmas to just text back that this year the grandkids would like CASH! I'm sure grandparents would dislike this, but......Cash comes in the mail and viola! Grandma and Grandpa sent money for you to buy your favorite book series! yea!
    K

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast