Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ncat View Post
    That was interesting. It's hard to believe that enough people click on those "Dr. Oz diet pills" sort of ads to generate a profit, but clearly they do.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

I bought third love bras (but did not like I returned them). But I really dont know if it was because of FB or Sirus Xm.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I first heard of Tieks on FB in 2011 or 2012 but didn’t buy a pair until this past May. I bought directly from the website. I have two pairs now. I love them, but honestly sometimes wish they made half sizes.

I first heard of Rothy’s from FB in 2016 or whenever they came out but I was totally skeptical about them and didn’t think they would work for my feet. I got my first pair for Xmas 2018 and now have four pairs (two flats, and two points). After washing though they are kind is high maintenance especially the points so I don’t think I will be buying anymore points.

Lisa Leonard necklaces, but I think someone else here or my BFF told me about them as well. My dh bought me one for Mother’s Day in 2012 or 2013.

I tried Third Love and Stitch Fix after reading about them here. I really love my Third Love bras. I haven’t had a bad experience with them though. I did first see ads for Third Love, and Stitch Fix on FB.

I saw Trunk Club on Instagram in 2016 or 2017 and tried it then and it was not a good thing. I returned everything I bought and none of it seemed like my style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

There is this waving wand to make beachy waves, it's apparently a piece of crap, all the reviews on their page are fake and when you try to Google the website, nothing comes up. Some searching found the real reviews that were very telling and said stay away. I figure most are junk. It's funny, the ads seem to come in waves.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

KpbS is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Some kids clothing from Amazon and enamel mugs for camping.
    K

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I haven't bought anything from a Facebook ad. I'm really really immune to that type of marketing. I'm just very skeptical about anything I'd learn about there.

After the Third Love thread, I went on a spree deleting all the crap FB thinks I'm interested in. It is so hilarious to see what they think are actual categories.

I don't know if it is related (because I don't think they change their ways based on anything I click inside their settings). Anyway, my current ads are so..... odd. It's like they are for stuff that seems completely unrelated, and yet, they have the same odd style of writing and weird emoji usage.

Nothing. I just assume it’s junk that they are pushing me to buy. Now if there’s a brand I don’t know about, I’ll google it. But I never buy from a link.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat View Post
    Nothing. I just assume it’s junk that they are pushing me to buy. Now if there’s a brand I don’t know about, I’ll google it. But I never buy from a link.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    I never do either, I go to the manufacturer's website or other trusted retailer. I assumed the OP meant buying a product based on being introduced to it through FB ads. A while ago I kept getting ads for the Charmin Forever Roll. I thought it was a joke so I googled. It's real. I have no idea why FB targeted me for that, LOL!

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I don't think I have ever clicked on a facebook ad until the Sash Bag and even then I think I googled it instead of following the link and then did further review-research and reading. The same thing happened with Force of Nature. I agree that most of the ads are ridiculous and make me want to avoid the brand (outrageous verbiage, poor spelling/grammar, unrealistic claims, emoji use like others said), but both of these ads grabbed my attention and it turned out I really love both the products. So because of those experiences I have noticed more ads and been more open-minded. Sometimes targeted ads can be helpful. I had been googling for awhile looking for a streaming service that carries Hallmark channels at a good price and yesterday on Insta I got an ad for a streaming service with Hallmark for only $6 per month! I had not been able to find it anywhere when googling but I'm very interested in it!

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat View Post
    I've never bought from a link. I actually open an "incognito" browser to research products so it's harder to be tracked. There isn't much that I buy without researching! But some of the products are legit, like Rothys, the Rip Skirts which I really like (great summer by the pool wear, and the mini skirt was a great cover up) and Allbirds. Right now the most common ads on my FB page is J. Jill and Boden.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast