Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Anyone dress their kids in the next days clothes instead of PJs?

I’m considering this with almost 6yo DD! She is not a morning person. For the past two weeks I’ve wakened her ten minutes before leaving by putting on her clothes (like she’s a baby!) and while it’s been efficient and there have been less tears, I feel ridiculous doing so! I’m wondering if anyone has been successful putting on clean clothes the night before. If I did that I’d only have to do her hair, feed her breakfast and put on shoes!

Our biggest issue is that DS2 and DS3 go with DD to the same school for drop off. They are generally on time but DD almost always holds them up and it just doesn’t seem fair. Would love to hear your thoughts!

I have tossed the uncooperative kid in the car and let the others be on time and given her the choice of dressing quickly in the car or going in school in PJs. Mine spill breakfast on themselves at least half of the time, so they eat before they change into uniforms. If it would work for you, do it.

My kids tend to sweat in their sleep so I feel like the clothes would be gross. If one of mine starts dragging their heels getting ready in the morning I just set the alarm earlier and get nagging. Currently the alarm goes off at 6:20 for a 7:20 bus pickup.

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have occasionally. I also used to let dd2 sleep in the clothes she wore till she got too old/stinky to do that. I've also made my kids go to school wearing pjs w/o breakfast. I figured peer pressure/embarrassment would help.

I wont dress my kids but thats me.

We are not morning people here and struggle greatly w/mornings.... myself included.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

I dressed DS until he was almost 9 for this reason!!! Whatever works!!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    I dressed DS until he was almost 9 for this reason!!! Whatever works!!
    I totally agree. At some point, OP, I expect your daughter will care more about how she looks and smells in the morning and will want to shower and choose her own clothes, do her hair etc. It can’t last forever right?
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Yes!!! I did it for about a year and a half when DD1 was super uncooperative in the morning and it saved my sanity! It felt a little odd at first but it made mornings so immensely much easier. I just made sure she had clean undies on at night as we put on the new clothes. Do it!
    Lizi

Just so you know--DS is now a sophomore in HS. He gets himself up early and drives to school a good hour early. He uses that time to get things done in the morning at school. So don't worry that you will dress her forever!! Even my non-morning person child, DD, now gets herself up and out the door for a 6:45 bus--all by herself (she's a freshman) I wake up at 7 and everyone is gone. It is a true miracle!!!!!!!!!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We have on occasion when we have to be out early or for DD who wants to play in the mornings instead of getting ready, lol.
    K

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

my 7 year old asked if he could do this at the beginning of the school year. He’s been doing it ever since!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast