Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I would ha w totally done it if my kids always held us up on constant basis to catching the bus! But as it is, my one and only rule for every morning is before they can get to do their favorite activity whether playing indoor soccer, watching their limited screen time on tv or play on their iPad is complete their dress, are breakfast and groomed themselves.

They don’t have to catch the bus until 8:40 and they’re generally up anywhere from 7-7:30, so lots of time. But as it is, they get hot easily at nights and would sweat their clothes! As it is they just sleep in their boxers or shorts most nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

I totally did this when my youngest was that age and it was the BEST! She still is very very slow, but has obviously gotten better.
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Go for it! My mom used to do this with my youngest brothers. They were not, and still aren't, morning people. It made everyone happier.

I could see my own younger DD doing this if she didn't tend to get hot in her sleep. Play clothes are pretty close to PJs in terms of comfort!

I have a coworker who did this. It was always a bit odd to me because her kids wore uniforms to school: polo shirts and khaki shorts or pants. It always seemed like it would be a bit stiff and uncomfortable to sleep in, plus those are clothes that can get really wrinkly. But I guess it worked for them.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    I dressed DS until he was almost 9 for this reason!!! Whatever works!!
    I totally agree. At some point, OP, I expect your daughter will care more about how she looks and smells in the morning and will want to shower and choose her own clothes, do her hair etc. It can’t last forever right?
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Yes!!! I did it for about a year and a half when DD1 was super uncooperative in the morning and it saved my sanity! It felt a little odd at first but it made mornings so immensely much easier. I just made sure she had clean undies on at night as we put on the new clothes. Do it!
    Lizi

Just so you know--DS is now a sophomore in HS. He gets himself up early and drives to school a good hour early. He uses that time to get things done in the morning at school. So don't worry that you will dress her forever!! Even my non-morning person child, DD, now gets herself up and out the door for a 6:45 bus--all by herself (she's a freshman) I wake up at 7 and everyone is gone. It is a true miracle!!!!!!!!!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We have on occasion when we have to be out early or for DD who wants to play in the mornings instead of getting ready, lol.
    K

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

my 7 year old asked if he could do this at the beginning of the school year. He’s been doing it ever since!

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Nope I have never done it unless it is pajama day at school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast