Default Tipping for Laser Hair Removal?

I just bought a laser hair removal package and realized I don’t know if I am supposed to tip for this. Obviously I tip when I get a wax, but I wouldn’t for something like a cosmetic procedure performed by a dermatologist or dentist. I am not sure where this falls in the spectrum of semi-medical cosmetic services.

Edit: If it matters, it is a small business that I don’t think has other employees, and office hours are “by appointment”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by gymnbomb; 10-14-2019 at 10:13 PM.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I had this done at a med spa type place and wondered too. I asked the receptionist and she said some people tip but it wasn’t necessary. It seemed to me like more of a medical office so I didn’t tip. You can ask or see if there is a sign when you get there.

Yeah, it seems to me that it is more of a medical type thing, but I bought the package (to a place I had researched ahead of time) from Groupon and it includes a clause about tipping on the regular price of the service. I didn't know if that was just a default thing they put on all services they sell, or if it meant this place specifically expected it.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17