Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    They are listed under sandwiches. The Frontega Chicken, for example, is a panini.
    Yes, but at times in the past, they have had sandwiches called (Something) Panini. They were square and have the stripes like from a panini press, not just "toasted".

I don't see any of those at the moment. Maybe THAT is what PP tried to customize and couldn't? Or, maybe they allow it now in general but didn't in the past?

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by khm View Post
    Yes, but at times in the past, they have had sandwiches called (Something) Panini. They were square and have the stripes like from a panini press, not just "toasted".

I don't see any of those at the moment. Maybe THAT is what PP tried to customize and couldn't? Or, maybe they allow it now in general but didn't in the past?
    I think if it's been a few years then things could have just changed.

Pulled out my Panera app. You can customize the paninis.
    This was a few years ago. I'm sure they have updated their processes since then. I just don't care for Panera. It seems really pricey for somewhat meh food. I do like their bakery items.

ETA: Yes, this was a panini with the stripes. I don't see them on my local menu, either, right now. I liked them because at least they were hot. I'm just not a fan of cold deli meat sandwiches.

I'm curious about the mac and cheese. Being from the south, I prefer mac and cheese with another layer of cheese baked on top. We are healthy eaters in these here parts. lol
    Last edited by carolinacool; 10-15-2019 at 11:35 AM.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

div_0305 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I don't think most consumers are as savvy as this thread and the posts above show the BBB members to be . I think a lot of people will be surprised, but maybe not enough to not buy the mac and cheese or question how their food at any cheap or upscale restaurant is made. The food business rests of getting the cheapest foods, so pre-packaged and prepared foods are key to their business model. We learned this the hard way years ago at a very popular local restaurant--they got so much frozen and canned stuff from Thailand and China, and had no idea what was in the ingredients (although they claimed they did). My family member had a serious allergic reaction to undisclosed egg proteins. Almost nothing was prepared on site from scratch apart from the rice I guess.

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My nearby Costco sells the Panera mac and cheese!
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

trales is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

our target sells panera mac and cheese in the fridge section. Same with all their soups. For less than you pay at panera.
    Tracey

DD1 3/07 Itching to take over the universe.
    DD2 1/14 My mellow little snuggler.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Totally off topic but this thread reminded me of a podcast about Panera: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/bus...?autoplay=true

reneed is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Panera Mac and cheese, and their soups are made by this company http://blountfinefoods.com/
    If you’re in this area they have huge sales frequently. You can also walk into their store and stock up!

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Did anyone really think they cooked it made to order in 3 minutes???

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jenstring95 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I think if it's been a few years then things could have just changed.
    I think this is true because I remember the first time I ever went to Panera (many years ago) I tried to customize a sandwich and was told I couldn’t because they are pre-made. Since then I have customized my orders, though, so they must have found a work around somehow or changed how their food is prepared.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast