PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Friend getting radiation treatments

My friend has thyroid cancer and just started radiation treatment. Her DH has moved into his parents house for the time she's getting treatments. Any ideas for items I can package up and send to her that would be useful and/or comforting?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

Pear is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I’ve been that patient. She is likely on a very restricted diet and needs to limit how much she moves around the house.

Go buy a bunch of sour candy. Warheads. Lemon drops. The more ridiculous and silly you can find the better. The radiation Hurts your salivary glands. The first morning I woke up and I swear the water I poured in my mouth evaporated.

Also appreciated would be crosswords, sudoku, etc. on paper. Anything you touch becomes radioactive so disposable is best. She will collect her trash and let it sit before it gets safely picked up by the trash service. Objects she uses and wants to keep will have to be put away while the radiation fades so she won’t be on her phone and such.

For food, cut up fruit is probably the safest. But cut it up yourself. Commercial facilities may use iodine to clean utensils which is off limits