jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Help me plan a menu

We’re having a few people over after school on Halloween before trick or treating. I’m planning on feeding them early dinner / heavy snacks before we go TOT. I’m thinking of doing a butternut squash soup and a tomato soup. I was thinking pulled pork or pulled chicken served on buns. I need something I can prepare ahead and leave in a crockpot for a couple of hours. Other ideas? I’ll have fresh veggies and hummus, fruit, pita chips, etc as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I make pumpkin chili every Halloween. Brown the meat and throw in slow cooker. I serve with chips and guac / salsa.

gamma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Our Halloween menu tradition is meatball sandwiches! Stays hot in the crock pot. We have salad and brownies or cupcakes for dessert.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    I make pumpkin chili every Halloween. Brown the meat and throw in slow cooker. I serve with chips and guac / salsa.
    Please share your recipe!

Quote Originally Posted by gamma View Post
    Our Halloween menu tradition is meatball sandwiches! Stays hot in the crock pot. We have salad and brownies or cupcakes for dessert.

Please share your recipe!

I like the idea of chili, pulled chicken/other meat sandwiches or meatball sandwiches. Or even a chicken tortilla soup would be good. My kids would unfortunately not eat tomato or butternut squash soup (sounds wonderful to me, tho).

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoNDMom View Post
    I like the idea of chili, pulled chicken/other meat sandwiches or meatball sandwiches. Or even a chicken tortilla soup would be good. My kids would unfortunately not eat tomato or butternut squash soup (sounds wonderful to me, tho).
    The soups are more for the adults. Easiest option is to order pizza but we have pizza at almost every event we attend so I was hoping for something else.

boilermakermom is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

My go to for Halloween night is always a taco bar. I keep meat warm in the crock pot and chop veggies (green onion, green peppers, tomatoes, cilantro) the day before. I serve with guacamole, salsa,

I make several pans of brownies and cut them in smaller pieces. I hand out brownies and adult bevs to parents in the neighborhood as they are making the Trick or Treat rounds.

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

oh, do the puking jack-o-lantern if you are doing Guacamole! Just carve it and have it “puking” guac on the tray. I put a hammer in its head and poured salsa down it’s side and into a bowl.

There are a couple of “mummy wrap” ideas out there with hotdogs and crescent rolls. You could do them ahead and pop them in the oven for 10-15 min.