Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Where would you go for the best deals to fill an apartment?

My oldest is moving into an apartment and she's on a budget. Where do you think the best deals are for housewares, bedding, decor, furniture? Thinking about Target, Amazon, Costco, BJs, Bed Bath & Beyond, Wayfair/Bobs....Which one do you think would have the best prices for decent quality? Am I forgetting about any options?

TIA
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Of that list, Costco then Target (specifically the Threshold line). Everything else lower. I would also add Pier One. Of course, there is always IKEA. Even if she doesn't want furniture from there, their bedding is great!

Home goods have great deals on misc items like rugs, table stands, lamps, throw pillows, and kitchenware. IKEA is good for other stuff like furniture, and Wayfair gets a thumb ups from me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Craigslist and Facebook Yard sale. Really wish I had started earlier using them to decorate my house!
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Goodwill and Craigslist.

We always joked that our first apartments were done in "early attic" and "mid-century garage sale".

If she has to have new, then I would start at IKEA.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

IKEA, Target, and thrift store or FB marketplace.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

IKEA and FB local marketplace. I've seen/stayed in a higher-end vacation home decked out in IKEA (including kitchen and bath cabinets and sinks, even refrigerator!) and was totally impressed. The reviews on IKEA are really helpful too - if you generally stick to items with good reviews, you're probably in good shape.

And on our local marketplace I frequently see old but great quality furniture (think dresser sets and things like that from grandma's house) for great prices if you aren't picky on looks and just need something well-built and functional.

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Facebook market place yard sales goodwill craigslist Ikea. Depends on what you want. Other than their mattresses every thing in my older 2 boys apartments are yard sale hand me down or FByard sale items. Every time I up grade something I hand it down ( sliverware for example) I also scour the clearance sections of Marshalls TJ Maxx and Home goods for odd pans and dishes. I "gifted them" my old pfaltzgraff dishes when I got my fiestaware.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by o_mom View Post
    Goodwill and Craigslist.

We always joked that our first apartments were done in "early attic" and "mid-century garage sale".

If she has to have new, then I would start at IKEA.
    This exactly!

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Freecycle and craigslist. Also, just let friends/family/neighbors know... you'll be amazed at how many folks might say... "well, I've have this old thing in the garage for a while, do you want it?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast