SAHMIL is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Credit card debt

Trying to get out of debt on my teachers salary . DH started a handyman business so money not consistently coming in and he doesn’t want to take out a loan for it. We have a pretty big amount - expenses that accumulated when he was laid off . How do I do this ? I refuse to use up my savings because I am down to my last bit of money .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I’m sorry you’re going through this. I know it’s easier said than done but can either of you pick up extra work? Have you sat down and looked at your expenses to cut them to the bone? Have you contacted the credit card companies to see if they will work with you? Once you’ve done that, I would start by paying down the card with the highest interest rate and then move on to the next.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Bisous did it. Hopefully she’ll reply with ideas! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

gamma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Dave Ramsey! I read his book, Total Money Make Over. 7 Steps that apply to everyone. I have been out of debt for over 20 years! I wish I knew about it when I was younger!

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Dave Ramsey's method is what really helped us! He's great about getting rid of debt. We were very engaged in the process. We lived with only one car in Southern California for nearly a year to get it done and declined most social invitations. We were able to pay off nearly 15K in one year by doing a combo of saving, using the debt snowball concept, and working our side gigs to the max! For more info, definitely look into Dave Ramsey. Good luck!!