Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Christmas Gift Idea for Teacher's lounge

So DC go to a very small private high school. It is the perfect fit for our family. Every staff member is involved with every child.

I am looking for a way to recognize and thank the staff at the holidays, however, we cannot afford to give a small gift to everyone since it comes out to at least a dozen staff per child (that I know of). I was thinking of sending an edible something to the teachers lounge on the Monday before the last day of school. To the teachers out there, is this a good idea? Also, what would you all suggest? I was originally thinking a cookie tower from Dancing Deer. However, there may be a better option that I have not thought of.

Any suggestions?

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Do they need/ want anything tangible for the space? Our teachers wanted a new microwave (so more people could get lunch ready at once plus theirs was super slow and inefficient). You can find them for under $100. They also wanted a more comfortable space- lamps, throw pillows, couch, chairs, tables to work on, prep space for food. You could go in with a few friends if you can't swing much yourself or just put the call out there that they would like some stuff (you never know what items people have at home they would happily part with).
    Ours also really like coffee. They like spices too- the interesting combos from Trader Joe's are a huge hit!

If you're going to do something like cookies, I would think your $ would go further with somewhere local that you don't have to pay shipping.
    I agree with asking if there's something the teachers want for the lounge though - maybe ask a secretary or administrator?

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

If you’re going to do food and your budget allows, I would go with a breakfast tray - bagels, muffins, fruit - or a lunch tray with sandwiches, wraps - from a local restaurant.
    Last edited by jgenie; 10-20-2019 at 06:39 PM.

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Thanks for the suggestions. I like the idea of purchasing local. I think some places may even deliver.

The last time I did DC was in a school almost an hour away and I did not get down there much. Now it's much closer and in an area that I know well. I think I will call around tomorrow and see what I can find. I know at least one restaurant that does "breakfast trays".

The school is so small, I don't even think they have a "teacher's lounge" per se. DC don't think there is one !

Thanks so much for the ideas. Keep them coming

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

As a teacher, a breakfast tray, like muffins, bagels, coffee and juice would be great! I also like the idea of a cookie tray. I think sandwich trays are difficult because not all teachers make it to the lounge at lunch and with dietary restrictions it can be tricky. Breakfast or cookie one can grab on their way in in the morning or cookies on the way out.

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

You can do the fruit yourself to keep costs down. A bowl with fresh whole apples, bananas and clementines would work well to grab on the run and won’t go bad if they sit for a few days.

If you do decide to go with something edible, (as a teacher!) I’d suggest having it delivered on any day of the week other than the day right before vacation! That’s usually a day (at least in my school) when departments have their own “holiday thing” right before the break.
    Thank you for thinking of your teachers!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Liz
    Proud mama to DS1: 2007
    and DS2:2010

Life is too short to wear boring socks.

niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    As a teacher, a breakfast tray, like muffins, bagels, coffee and juice would be great! I also like the idea of a cookie tray. I think sandwich trays are difficult because not all teachers make it to the lounge at lunch and with dietary restrictions it can be tricky. Breakfast or cookie one can grab on their way in in the morning or cookies on the way out.
    Yes to this. We all swamp the teacher lounge if it’s breakfast items from Portos!! (Famous local bakery)

OP get something from local bakery, Starbucks catering coffee and some juice. Put a thank you card addressed to all staff

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I agree, avoid the last few days of school, maybe the week before. The breakfast idea is great, coffee, oj, bagels, flavored and plain cream cheese, peanut butter etc and fruit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast