Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

You're not going to please everyone. I personally like lunch better than breakfast. Even though I don't eat carbs, I'd rather have sandwiches and eat the filling than receive a delivery of bagels and juice. But I think it's the thought that counts and even if you brought in a huge tray of food I didn't care for I'd be appreciative.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I agree that I am thankful for any gifts of any kind as a teacher....but the teachers that I work with and I really extra love whenever someone brings healthy stuff. Because desserts and donuts are so commonly available, and many of us are eating healthy, the sweet stuff just becomes a temptation. My #1 vote would be fresh fruit of any kind. #2 cute thing one of the rooms did for my school was a DIY trail mix bar and it was adorable and nice because you could customize (skip the sugar) plus it wasn't terribly expensive. #3 maybe a meal is too much to do, but a soup bar in crockpots is SO appreciated. There is something about a hot lunch that really is a huge treat when working and honestly it was fairly easy to set up.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

If you do bring meal food, make sure they know ahead of time. I’ve organized many staff appreciation luncheons and breakfasts and it’s always a bummer when a teacher walks in and is sad that they already ate because they didn’t know about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

If you do lunch, please check on the lunch schedules. Every school I have worked at Kindergarten has their own separate time, so we always get left out when people bring lunch in, since they bring it at the regular lunch time. My current school has 3 separate lunch times. That is why I like breakfast better because we can grab and go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2