Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    I can get her into a dress. Trying to get her into a whole coordinated outfit will be painful for me. She is a kid who wears red converse sneakers, oversized shirts, and loose pants. She will wear the dress again so that’s where I’m aiming
    Then you know what have her wear red Converse, leggings, and a sweater or dress #1. You want her to be comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Hmmm.... if she likes wearing red converse, what about-
    first dress in black with red converse
    you in red dress
    guys switch over to white or silvery/grey shirts? It may work with blue. But when I imagine it, I can picture white/grey/black/red as a really nice combo.

Cute dress with converse shoes is a very popular combo right now, and it would give a younger flare to the dress.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    Then you know what have her wear red Converse, leggings, and a sweater or dress #1. You want her to be comfortable.
    Agreed. This is probably the only time in her life it will be fine for her to wear this in a formal picture.

Maybe something like this with tights and her red converse?
    https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/p...-BLACK%20WHITE

Totally channeling my inner hippie chick here...(I would totally wear this if I were a teen). It would look fine with Converse.
    https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/p...=NAVY%20FLORAL

I think either of these prints would work with her hair.
    https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/p...ss?color=BLACK

I'm on the fence with this one. It says "spruce" as the color, so I bet it's a nice deep green that will complement your DDs coloring.
    https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/p...20SMOKY%20SPRU

I think something a little more casual and teen-like would be nice for an outdoor setting.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    Agreed. This is probably the only time in her life it will be fine for her to wear this in a formal picture.

Maybe something like this with tights and her red converse?
    https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/p...-BLACK%20WHITE

Totally channeling my inner hippie chick here...(I would totally wear this if I were a teen). It would look fine with Converse.
    https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/p...=NAVY%20FLORAL

I think either of these prints would work with her hair.
    https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/p...ss?color=BLACK

I'm on the fence with this one. It says "spruce" as the color, so I bet it's a nice deep green that will complement your DDs coloring.
    https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/p...20SMOKY%20SPRU

I think something a little more casual and teen-like would be nice for an outdoor setting.

The second, one the navy floral, is really cute and would be more fall like and coordinate with the others better than the black, and yes, let her wear her converse, that is totally the style and it like her hair is part of her personality and like PP said, would work in the outdoor setting.

Ok, we ended up with the first dress I posted in black and she is wearing the red converse. When I suggested leggings or a cardigan because it will be in November, my warm blooded child just said, "why?". Oh well, the shoot is a "mini session"--only 15 minutes--so she will survive and I will be cold just looking at her Thanks for your feedback--DD enjoyed reading it too.

DH and I will not be in the photo. DS will wear his blue suit or at least the navy pants and light blue shirt. The photographer has a "set" that features a vintage black taxi and a tree with presents. Not sure how the black dress will work with the taxi but this photographer is very good and she will figure it out.

I should be happy she didn't insist on wearing pajama pants or her regular outfit of mom jeans with ripped knees, t-shirt, and chucks. (no leggings, she no longer wears skinny jeans, but she will wear wide leg pants) She has a quirky fashion sense and I am happy to let her express herself. After 9 years of wearing a uniform, she is thrilled to wear what she wants. She isn't a girly girl at all. This all makes for interesting fashion choices but it makes her happy and she doesn't look like she's homeless or on a street corner so I'm going with it!!!
    Last edited by StantonHyde; 10-21-2019 at 09:00 PM.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    Ok, we ended up with the first dress I posted in black and she is wearing the red converse. When I suggested leggings or a cardigan because it will be in November, my warm blooded child just said, "why?". Oh well, the shoot is a "mini session"--only 15 minutes--so she will survive and I will be cold just looking at her Thanks for your feedback--DD enjoyed reading it too.

DH and I will not be in the photo. DS will wear his blue suit or at least the navy pants and light blue shirt. The photographer has a "set" that features a vintage black taxi and a tree with presents. Not sure how the black dress will work with the taxi but this photographer is very good and she will figure it out.

I should be happy she didn't insist on wearing pajama pants or her regular outfit of mom jeans with ripped knees, t-shirt, and chucks. (no leggings, she no longer wears skinny jeans, but she will wear wide leg pants) She has a quirky fashion sense and I am happy to let her express herself. After 9 years of wearing a uniform, she is thrilled to wear what she wants. She isn't a girly girl at all. This all makes for interesting fashion choices but it makes her happy and she doesn't look like she's homeless or on a street corner so I'm going with it!!!
    Yay! It sounds like everyone will be happy.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I love the idea of the black dress with her red converse! That will capture her personality.

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I'm not a fan of the 3 dresses that you posted. Honestly, all 3 look like Mom dresses. I think she needs
    a dress that looks younger.
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    Agreed. The second reads frumpy and the third reminds me of Wednesday Addams.
    Agreed, malachite! There is zero way my 13 yr old would wear the others.

for Sandy Hook

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    Agreed, malachite! There is zero way my 13 yr old would wear the others.
    She picked those dresses--not me!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3