Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by smiles33 View Post
    Updating my own thread: after I googled and found an endocrinology clinic at a major research university and pushed my PCP to give me a referral, the clinic finally called me today to say that they don't treat patients with autoimmune thyroid issues. UGH! Back to square one since my PCP doesn't have a referral. I would think this is a straightforward diagnosis. How do you find a good endocrinologist if your PCP doesn't recommend someone?
    Honestly, I just did a lot of googling. I looked up endocrinologists near me that were covered by my insurance (on my insurance website) and then just went down the list googling every single one. Some I found no info, but others I found reviews on Yelp and other sites. I ended up choosing an endo who had good reviews and I've been happy (Graves diagnosis 17 months ago and almost in remission).

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

I have hashi and several other auto immunes. Stopthethyroidmadness.com has tons of helpful info. Also, Isabel Wentz is awesome. She's got a few books- roost cause and food pharmacology ( I think). She has one that has a 90 day plan and I think I'm going to start it this week.
    Last edited by solsister; 11-18-2019 at 07:57 AM.

Are you taking biotin?

Quote Originally Posted by zukeypur View Post
    Are you taking biotin?
    No, I don't take any supplements/vitamins. Found an endocrinologist but first appt. is in mid-January. Sigh.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Wildly fluctuating thyroid levels?

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    I would definitely visit an endocrinologist. Even a TSH of 2.5 can be considered too high.
    Can you give me some research data on that. In just over a year I went from 1.4 to 2.4 and I have gained weight during that time period that I just can’t seem to lose. My insurance/health care provider says that anything lower than a 4 is normal on my test results. I haven’t contacted my doctor yet as I got the tests done on Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

There was a thread a few weeks ago that had a discussion about the 2.5 (quick summary is that if you have symptoms, 2.5 is the level, otherwise 4):

http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/sho...d.php?t=507311
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    Can you give me some research data on that. In just over a year I went from 1.4 to 2.4 and I have gained weight during that time period that I just can’t seem to lose. My insurance/health care provider says that anything lower than a 4 is normal on my test results. I haven’t contacted my doctor yet as I got the tests done on Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

Stop the thyroid madness has all the info-
    https://stopthethyroidmadness.com/lab-values/

Visit the endocrinologist for sure. You need a full examination, what you are describing is not a standard situation. I hope you will have a good time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2