Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    If they make a counter offer, you can ask their realtor if they have a preferred closing date. Then use that. We changed our closing date twice at the request of the sellers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Perfect. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Not so much in the contract, but hire specialty inspectors if needed/relevant - structural engineer, radon test, HVAC, pest

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle View Post
    Not so much in the contract, but hire specialty inspectors if needed/relevant - structural engineer, radon test, HVAC, pest
    Yes, make sure they will agree to the needed repairs. That’s always been important when we buy a home.
    K

newnana is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

If it's an option, we love a home warranty for peace of mind. If they won't do a particular fix requested, it might be a decent counter

Don’t ask for the repairs but for money off the price to do the repairs. Then you can have them fixed the way you want it vs the cheapest person they can find. Even if it isn’t the exact amount, it is easier to deal with for both buyer and seller. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HannaAddict View Post
    Don’t ask for the repairs but for money off the price to do the repairs. Then you can have them fixed the way you want it vs the cheapest person they can find. Even if it isn’t the exact amount, it is easier to deal with for both buyer and seller. Good luck.

Alas, you’re a few days late for this advice. But, we’re still waiting for their counter offer and have priced out costs for the known issues.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Buying a house tips please!

We did this and then got lazy about the repairs and in the end the repairs cost way more than they would have if we had just had the owners replace the one cracked window(the top window had a small crack at the very top of the window that didn’t effect the movement of the bottom window) in the bathroom and get the sink in the bathroom reglazed. We replaced all of the windows in the house after we had been in the house for 4 years (they were 59 years old at that point) and we didn’t replace the sink that needed re glazing until we redid our bathroom last year and project alone was more than the $3500 we got in credit for the repairs that needed to be done.

When we buy our next house I will get stuff fixed before we move in. OP that would be my suggestion to you.....get stuff done before you move in even if you have to rent back or stay in a air bnb while stuff gets fixed.

Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

I agree with getting it replaced before you move in and do painting to if you can afford it. Don’t wait. But I don’t want the seller making the repairs unless I pick and oversee the contractor.

I agree with getting it replaced before you move in and do painting to if you can afford it. Don’t wait. But I don’t want the seller making the repairs unless I pick and oversee the contractor.

Thing Is, I want no hassle. I don’t have reliable contractor on speed dial. Well, actually I do but he’s renovating my current house now and he has all of his next jobs lined up. I’m cool with them doing the work. The owners have been really meticulous with everything all along and kept great records so I’m happy having one less thing on my plate. House is freshly painted and, luckily, to my taste.

We won’t put our house on the market until later (our purchase isn’t contingent) so we are good re. staging, storage...

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Thing Is, I want no hassle. I don’t have reliable contractor on speed dial. Well, actually I do but he’s renovating my current house now and he has all of his next jobs lined up. I’m cool with them doing the work. The owners have been really meticulous with everything all along and kept great records so I’m happy having one less thing on my plate. House is freshly painted and, luckily, to my taste.

We had the owners make all repairs. The husband was a general contractor, and they had recently renovated, so I knew they had all the right contacts.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2