ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Game sale at Target (B2G1 Free) - recommendations?

Starting Christmas shopping and I noticed the game sale at Target. What are some of your favorite family games right now? 13 and almost 11 yr. old DDs. Older DD and DH like strategy games, younger DD likes cooperative games (Forbidden Island, Castle Panic, etc.). The girls also like to play traditional card and board games together. I looked at the Disney Villainous in the store today and thought that looked like something they would like (we are big Disney fans). Last year they got Exploding Kittens, Mastermind, and QueenDomino (though it is hard to figure out, I think we like Kingdomino better).

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DH borrowed Villianous and played it a few times with my girls (around same age as yours.) He says he doesn’t recommend it. He was “not impressed.” He recommends FlashPoint or Harry Potter Hogwarts Battle. Both are nore complicated to learn than Castle Panic or Forbidden Forest, but our girls were able to figure out how to play them.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Last time they had this sale I checked prices on Amazon and most of the ones we wanted were cheaper there.

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by California View Post
    DH borrowed Villianous and played it a few times with my girls (around same age as yours.) He says he doesn’t recommend it. He was “not impressed.” He recommends FlashPoint or Harry Potter Hogwarts Battle. Both are nore complicated to learn than Castle Panic or Forbidden Forest, but our girls were able to figure out how to play them.
    What didn't your DH like about it? Is it hard to understand or play? The content seemed like it would entertain both girls and DH is normally a fan of Ravensberger games.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We really like Villainous! But, I was confused when I first played. Once I watched a YouTube video I was good to go. It isn’t a good game for more than 4 players. 2-3 is even better. The hard part is keeping track of everyone. Each player has cards with different abilities and it’s hard to read those across the table. People need to read them out loud and you have to remember. But, it is a lot of fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Do you have Sushi Go? We’ve been liking that since it’s quick and easy to play. Dragonwood is fun. Machi Koro is among our tops.
    We’ve rediscovered Uno as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains