Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Can we talk bras? Please recommend ones you like

Quote Originally Posted by Smillow View Post
    My advice: go to a Nordstrom Rack and try on everything close to your “new size”. Different brands will fit differently. Check out their clearance bras. You can get some good deals and it is a less expensive way to feel what works for you.
    Agree with this as well. The redit sizing actually said I was 40e, 38dd, 36dd or 36e. The 38s were too big in the band. I also tried a few 34D and 34dds but I couldn’t get the 34d to fit around my back and a 34 DD fit a little better but there was too much space in the cup so I never tried a 34e. I then tried the 36d and 36dd and I got a better fit from the 36d so I went with that. I initially tried Betsy Johnson bras but after a while there was still too much cup space so then I bought Natori Feathers bras because my breasts are shallow and they didn’t have too much space in the cup. I could see how that bra would be uncomfortable for someone with a full cup though. Last year I added a few Third Love plunge push up bras to my bras collection and they are my favorites. The padding comes out and once I got the sizing down I was set (I am a 36c in this brand; the sizing quiz sized me at a 34dd, but the Dd was too big in the cup and a little tight in the back so then I returned for a 34d and it was still a little too tight and I got a 36d which again the cup was still too big so I went with a 36c and the fit is much better).

I only own underwire bras by Natori Feathers, Wacoal (although the two I have are unlined underwire) and Third Love right now. I don’t plan on straying from those brands although I do think I prefer the Third Love over the Feathers bras now. I did try on a few Soma bras a few months ago but I wasn’t in love it especially for $60 price tag. FWIW of all of the bra brands I have tried over the years I find that with Wacoal I am consistently a 36d, but I much prefer their unlined bras to their t shirt or full coverage bras.
    https://www.wacoal-america.com/bras/...wire-bra-65191
    https://www.wacoal-america.com/bras/...wire-bra-85720
    They have embrace lace in wire free now as well and it is pretty: https://www.wacoal-america.com/bras/...ree-bra-852191

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 10-25-2019 at 12:10 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I agree with trying on a bunch of different brands in various sizes, you'll know what fits and feels right. I have a variety, some Soma (only the clearance), some Victoria's Secret, some other brands, I am not picky, I just want them to fit and look pretty. I have only worn underwire, have tried non underwire, but prefer underwire. Places like the Rack, TJ Maxx are my go to. Also, once I find one I like I've had luck on amazon.

erosenst is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'd try Soma on sale...and also look at the Glamorise brand on Amazon (and likely other places). I'm a 38DDD or 38H (!!) so bigger than you are - but love the Wacoal Awareness bra and Nordstrom's dupe of it for most things. (Still Wacoal - and on sale frequently for $45). I wanted something wicking but still supportive for a trip to Disney and saw a Glamorise bra advertised somewhere - for $35 decided to try it and really like it. Needed a plunge bra for one shirt and bought the Glamorise for that as well and have been happy with it. Looks like they start at 34DD in most styles.

Good luck/happy shopping!

Soma vanishing back-
    Front clasp

boilermakermom is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

I love Wacoal bras! Super comfortable and they last!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3