Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    I should clarify I want to be by myself, not just without my family. It’s not so much about needing a break from the kids, just that there are things I want to do that they can’t yet do. And I don’t want to wait until they are adults.

I’m pretty introverted and don’t mind being by myself. I go on business trips and don’t mind at all eating alone at a restaurant or whatever.

I knew a lot of people who did travel when they were younger, just out of college, but I never got that chance. And I guess now I regret that.

Responding to that last piece, hugs! Didn’t your brother travel the world when he was younger and now has issues? You can be so happy you had the self discipline to work hard during that time and make your life a success! And now that you have financial freedom, why not travel? If you enjoy traveling solo, do it!!
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I should clarify I want to be by myself, not just without my family. It’s not so much about needing a break from the kids, just that there are things I want to do that they can’t yet do. And I don’t want to wait until they are adults.

I’m pretty introverted and don’t mind being by myself. I go on business trips and don’t mind at all eating alone at a restaurant or whatever.

I knew a lot of people who did travel when they were younger, just out of college, but I never got that chance. And I guess now I regret that.
    Definitely go!

I like being by myself too. I find after 3-4 days I like chatting with someone for a bit. Otherwise, I enjoy being on my own.
    Kris

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I would love to, but feel too guilty to make it happen. Don’t want to hurt DH’s feelings not including him. And I feel like he deserves a break more than me as I’ve got it pretty good these days (expat SAHM to older kids) while he’s working long hours at a stressful job. He’s good to me so I don’t mean to make it sound like he wouldn’t take care of the kids for me, but internally It just doesn’t feel justified for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hwin708 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I travel the world with friends all the time. We were doing it before families, and just made it a point to keep up with some of the traditions.

Depending on schedules, I have definitely stayed longer on a trip by several days by myself. Usually, I will do so because I am making a detour to visit another friend who lives nearby or something similar. But sometimes it's just because I want more time in a location.

That being said - I am not a trip planner. I don't like having to research what to do and see in an area, and thankfully have friends who do a lot of the legwork in that arena. When left to my own devices, it really comes down to what is within wandering distance of my hotel that the concierge recommends. My days are much lazier. So for me, personally, an entire trip without anyone else would be somewhat wasted, because I wouldn't put the work into making it worthwhile.

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks all! Looking ahead at my work travel schedule, I think I can extend one of my planned trips and head to Joshua Tree National Park for a few days. This should give me a taste and I’ll go from there. I can’t wait!

Thanks all! Looking ahead at my work travel schedule, I think I can extend one of my planned trips and head to Joshua Tree National Park for a few days. This should give me a taste and I’ll go from there. I can’t wait!
    That sounds like a great way to try it out! Hope you have a fabulous trip.

DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by nfceagles View Post
    I would love to, but feel too guilty to make it happen. Don’t want to hurt DH’s feelings not including him. And I feel like he deserves a break more than me as I’ve got it pretty good these days (expat SAHM to older kids) while he’s working long hours at a stressful job. He’s good to me so I don’t mean to make it sound like he wouldn’t take care of the kids for me, but internally It just doesn’t feel justified for me.

But are you sure he’d really care? My dh would much rather not travel and just simply relax at home. You might bring it up sometime. Could be that he’d welcome having the time at home solo as much as you’d like traveling solo. You never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    But are you sure he’d really care? My dh would much rather not travel and just simply relax at home. You might bring it up sometime. Could be that he’d welcome having the time at home solo as much as you’d like traveling solo. You never know.

This is my DH. He’s been all over the world and really just wants to relax at home now.

I did quite a bit before I was married and enjoyed it. I went to Italy for work once when we were, and had several free days after my assignment. I had fun but I would rather have been there with DH. Honestly now I would not be into traveling alone, I don't know what's changed.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Enjoy!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast