Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    pharmjenn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    It’s scary/sad that every time we get high winds, we have fires. I thought with the record amount of rain we got this winter, it wouldn’t be so bad this year.
    Actually, a good rain season makes the fire risk worse the following year. The rain brings up new grasses, so there is a lot more dry growth by the fall. So more to burn if a fire does happen.

I am in the SF Bay Area, and are expecting our power outage later tonight. There is already a huge fire burning in Sonoma County, North of San Francisco with a large area of mandatory evacuation.
    mom to Billy 12/07

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

i am so enraged over this situation, to be honest. my childhood home /neighborhood (sonoma county) was burned down in 2017 wildfire. the street i lived on, everybody ended up rebuilding their homes. Many people just moved into their new rebuilt homes THIS MONTH. and now, they're under mandatory evacuation again. what a awful thing to have to endure.

my parents are not in mandatory evacuation zone (yet). but they ahve been dealing with on and off blackouts. and air quality is horrible from the Kincaid fire.

this is madness. growing up, we never dealt with this sort of thing, EVER. now it's happening every year. it's like horrible deja vu. and yet many people continue to insist climate change is not a thing...

Gracemom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I was in LA 2 weeks ago and one day we could smell the smoke. My DD and I both felt ill that day. I feel so badly for everyone who is affected. Sad to see today that there is a fire near the Getty and UCLA. We enjoyed our time in that area.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2