twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default s/o best panties for no VPL?

I know Soma is recommended a lot, but I'm interested in hearing recs outside of Soma. I own several pairs of Soma embraceable lace panties (I didn't like the silicone edge on the vanishing edge panties) and the embraceable lace do a decent job with VPL if you are careful to lay everything flat, but I'v been a little disappointed in the quality, with elastic coming out and holes in the lace.

Wondering if there are any other brands that are great for VPL? I don't wear thongs. I've tried - even good high quality lace cosabella thongs. They're just a no go for me.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Honestly, I just stumble across random pairs when I shop. I'm sure you can search "seamless" underwear and find some stuff but I'd just take some time and hit Macy's, Marshalls, TJ Maxx... Here are some Gap seamless ones- no idea how they are but they look like random pairs I have picked up at other stores. https://www.gap.com/browse/product.d...p-page-content

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

The Soma Geo Lace thongs have held up better than the ones that just say lace so maybe look for those as well. I have the Embraceable cotton bikinis w/lace trim from Soma and they do an okay job no vpl job with skirts and dresses (that I don’t need shapewear with), but with jeans I have worn them as a last resort and I haven’t noticed anything, but I really prefer thongs (been wearing them for 23 years since I was 18 and can’t go back to regular panties 100% of the time).

They are not cheap, but quality wise I would look at Hanky Panky....their quality is better than Soma (based on the few pairs of their thongs I have that are around 4 years old).

Geo lace bikini:
    https://www.soma.com/store/product/e...Id=cat12109284

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 10-25-2019 at 03:51 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    I know Soma is recommended a lot, but I'm interested in hearing recs outside of Soma. I own several pairs of Soma embraceable lace panties (I didn't like the silicone edge on the vanishing edge panties) and the embraceable lace do a decent job with VPL if you are careful to lay everything flat, but I'v been a little disappointed in the quality, with elastic coming out and holes in the lace.

Wondering if there are any other brands that are great for VPL? I don't wear thongs. I've tried - even good high quality lace cosabella thongs. They're just a no go for me.
    Have you tried the bikini microfiber vanishing edge? They only have lace on the side, and once you get the hang of making sure the edges are laying flat they are very comfy and completely invisible, I did not like the embraceable lace at all. As in the other thread, I mentioned that I machine wash and hang to dry, and have never had a hole or any type of seams or thread issues, and have some that are 4 years old.

Other option, commando

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Third Love isn’t getting a lot of love here right now but with my last bra purchase in May Third Love sent me a free pair of their no show bikini panties and they are by far the most comfortable pair of no show panties. I finally wore them with a pair of jeans last week and they were amazing. I can handle most regular panties with skirts or dresses (that don’t need shape wear) but with pants and jeans I am super picky. These passed the test. The reviews said they ran small though so instead of ordering an XL I ordered an 1X(but the tag says XXL).

https://www.thirdlove.com/products/c...ikini-daydream

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 11-09-2019 at 02:36 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Soma Vanishing Edge. They don't move and don't show. I've even worn them with leggings and you can't tell!

EEK! Sorry I just read NOT soma lol. (Imagine if I read the whole thread first?? )

I'll watching for other recommendations.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

cagey is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Best way to ensure no VPL is to just go Commando
    If I need the structure or support I’ll wear either tights, Jockey or Nike compression shorts (under skirts) or if it’s formal, pantyhose.