Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default What do I need/want

Hi all,

I'm looking for a birthday gift idea for my DH and my parents for my birthday.

I need ideas because I haven't a clue.

What did you get that you love or buy that you can't live without?
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

Don't know what their budget is or if they prefer tangible items or services/experiences. Maybe think outside the box a little. My father always gets my mom's car detailed for her birthday. She loves having a nicely cleaned car, but even more she loves not being the person who had to go find the detailing place and make the appointment, etc.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I am absolutely about this. Experiences/services over more stuff (if a specific item isn't coming to mind for you, so you really need it?), and not having to do any of the leg work!

For my birthday last year, I asked that DH plan a date night for us, from the babysitter to the restaurant to whatever else. It was so nice!

I think a car detailing sounds awesome!

What about a home organizer? Or a few hours with a home decorator?

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    Don't know what their budget is or if they prefer tangible items or services/experiences. Maybe think outside the box a little. My father always gets my mom's car detailed for her birthday. She loves having a nicely cleaned car, but even more she loves not being the person who had to go find the detailing place and make the appointment, etc.
    Last edited by Mommy_Mea; 10-27-2019 at 08:45 PM.
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

At my age and stage in life, unless it’s a fairly expensive tangible item I just get it myself without waiting till my birthday or Xmas. My birthday is only 2 weeks before DH and our birthdays is between Thanksgiving to Xmas. So that’s a lot of expense right in that timeframe.

I prefer experiences/lessons/trips to tangible items. This year I’m asking for home organization person to come out our house and organize our home office. For DH he’s asking for a car detailing done by one of local guys. What’s nice about this is the guy comes out to the resident home and detail their car right there and then. So nice! So perhaps think of things like that? Any solo trips you want to go with GC towards it? Special activity place you want to do with your girlfriends?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Workout gear? I finally gave in and tried Athleta workout pants. I’m in love!! If you workout regularly, a birthday is a great time to splurge on really nice gear. I’m waiting for REI to have their holiday coupon out in a few weeks to buy a running watch for my birthday that already passed. I just can’t bring myself to pay retail when a coupon will be out soon.

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

AirPods? A few personal trainer sessions? Gift Certificate for a great facial and/or massage?

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My dh isn’t a shopper so I end up buying what I want but usually discuss it with him first.

My Michele tank watch with a leather band. I had been wanting a new watch for some time and I knew I wanted a Michele watch and I found one at Nordstrom Rack in my budget and I bought it for my 40th birthday (2 months before) and I have worn it daily for 2/1/2 years. I love it because it is my first watch that hasn’t gotten the face scratched beyond belief.

I love sunglasses and I bought myself a pair of Tom Ford sunglasses at an optometry sale for 30% off and I love them. They are acetate and even though I am tough on them they are scratch free.

My Louis Vuitton Speedy bag. I had wanted one since I was 8 years old (the year my grandma brought one back from Spain) and I was suppose to buy myself one when I graduated from college in 1999 but I chickened out because back then no one under the age of 50 had them in my area (that all changed a year or two later when they released those white canvas with rainbow LV logos and then they were everywhere and fakes were everywhere, and then the price skyrocketed because LV felt they were no longer exclusive). I had a rough year at work so I bought it with my bonus.

Other ideas: Apple Watch (if you don’t have a regular watch and don’t mind the sportiness of an iWatch), Roomba, Food Saver (I have wanted one of these for years!), new cell phone, a massage, a nice dinner out, and a stay at a local hotel are just a few I can think of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The pricey items on my list (and, like PP, I usually just buy stuff myself when I want/need it):

Cordless vacuum
    MZ Wallace duffel
    Rothy's - either the new merino camel point or another pair of loafers
    Apple Watch

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

What about a girl’s day/weekend? Can your DH manage the kiddos? I think that sounds great to me. It doesn’t have to break the bank either. You can be frugal and still have a great time away to recharge.
    K

WitMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Do you have any hobbies you enjoy? any supplies or equipment you need for any of those?

What about a subscription service to something you're interested in? There are tons of those available. Books, fitness, crafts, food/wine. makeup, clothes.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast