Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

That was a good fast response! That’s a really good sign. Hope things change very soon!

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I am so glad they see he has things he needs help with vs punishing the fighting. Hope you are able to get some strategies in place to help him enjoy school more.

sunnyside is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Similar situation here. I ended up pulling to homeschool. I recommend getting an a developmental pediatrician to guide you. The testing will help too. I redshirted my July bday girl for social reasons, too, and she wouldn't do well being pushed up grade, especially once middle school hits. I had the same issue with some of the testing though. It can tease out some things, but my daughter also was perfectly behaved during testing. She thrives in a one on one situation like that where the tester is giving her little tasks to perform.
    Her official dxs are anxiety, developmental coordination disorder (also known as dyspraxia), sensory processing disorder, convergence insufficiency, Tourette syndrome, and she didn't quite meet criteria for inattentive ADHD, but we do suspect it. 99th percentile verbal IQ... So she was also pretty bored with school.

Keep us posted. I know it is such a challenge. I will say that OT made a big difference for her.
    Mama to two sweet girls - Summer 2010 and Spring 2015

Default How to help twice exceptional kids at school

So I emailed DS2’s teacher from last year (who we loved so much) and explained the situation and asked for her input. She said I was right and he had absolutely no behavior problems last year. She said she thinks this other kid has figured out how to push DS’s buttons and that DS isn’t reacting well. And that because there are so many kids in the room and transitions going on, the teacher probably isn’t picking up on it. (FWIW, his teacher from last year has taught for 20+ years and is absolutely amazing.). Her main recommendation would be to pair DD with similarly advanced kids in everything so he doesn’t get frustrated. She did that last year because she noticed he sometimes got frustrated by kids who didn’t understand stuff or didn’t know the answers as quickly as he did. (From DS1 I know the kid who DS2 has a problem with is still learning his letter sounds. DS1 is in 5th grade and goes to DS1’s class twice a week to help his who need extra help.)

I’m planning on forwarding the email to DS’s teacher and assistant principal.
    Last edited by georgiegirl; 11-10-2019 at 11:04 PM.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3