Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Feet hurt a lot

diamond is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thank you all...the funny thing is I don't have the characteristic symptom of PF, the excruciating pain when I step out of bed in the morning it's not bad at all but I notice if I walk a lot or stand a lot for some time it gets really painful as day goes on.

I am indeed using fit flops the expensive ones at home..I got Saucony guide sneakers at a running shoe store and am using them recently...I used Clark's flip flops all during summer which were very comfortable. But started hurting my feet towards the end of 4-5 months probably breaking down.

This exact one
    https://www.clarksusa.com/c/BREEZE-SEA/p/26125506

I loved them and i used them the year before also and had the same problem, very comfortable in the first three or four months and then started hurting but then I went right back to shoes and boots because winter was starting anyway. Didn't think much of it.. but looking back I should not have worn that slipper for as long as I did. I am guessing it's the ill-fitting sneakers I had before and it was Clark's flip flops and combined with not much activity from my side, oh and I also have an office chair which DH and I share. It's a bit higher for me and I tend to put my feet on the Ring of the chair probably putting tension on my bottom feet. I understand body mechanics are so important and also building strength in my muscles once I he get healed up I'm going to start working on that.. thank you

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I can so relate. I am in my early 50s and having all kinds of foot pain from dance and walking. Someone recommended PT, and I am considering that. I have gone through bouts of PF but right now the ball of my foot and my toes hurt. I have also been doing a lot of ankle circles at night and standing up and down on my toes, and both of those have been helping my feet heal. I also don't like going without shoes around the house. I wear either my Uggs slippers or Birks.

When I've had PF, I ice my feet at night and it improves fairly quickly. I also wore these little foot ice packs for 20-30 mins, they helped A LOT and are less messy that the frozen water bottles I used to use.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0787GSYW2/

Kindra178 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Is have several foot diagnoses, some resulting in the pain you describe.

Heel pain from pf will go away if you make a complete commitment to wearing shoes that do not bend. Some Danskos bend and those are ok. As others have said, never ever go barefoot. I wear Hafljnger cork sole or llb cork sole slippers in the house.

I also have neuromas which results in severe, debilitating ball of foot pain. The same supportive shoes I wear for my pf help this but toe box needs to be wide enough.

To fix this, I did 6 weeks of pt and changed the vast majority of my shoes. Some specific recs:

Hoka Clifton or bondi
    Altra paradign

Dansko maryjanes and booties. They came out with some waterproof styles this year but I have not yet tried. Bethanie is one of them, I think.

Fly London are comfy but they aren’t always wide enough.

Merrell winter boots. Sorels do not work for me.

My feet feel great except when I cheat. Then the severe pain returns immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I wear Hoka One One shoes and they are great. I also like Under Armour’s light weight ankle socks the best. Yes I get some pain in my feet from certain athletic socks when working out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I went through a period when I neglected to wear my fit flops around the house and I had a recurrence of PF. After that I’ve been wearing them religiously.
    My PF Was also triggered by a *single* day of me wearing some boots with inserts that only went half the way and hit at the right wrong part of my foot. After that I have been very careful about what I wear, since my feet are so sensitive. Given this experience, I wouldn’t be surprised if one of those shoes might have triggered your foot pain.

Kindra178 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Start doing regular old calf stretches. Lean against a wall, one foot back and then switch. Hold for a few seconds only. Also stretch your calves as you go upstairs, just hang a heel and drop it down.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    What helped for me was rolling my feet over a frozen water bottle ...
    Seconding this advice when you're dealing with a flare; it's really helpful!

I also use a roller-ball foot massager that I bought at a running store:

https://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs...-massage-ball/

When I can, I also do foot soaks with Epsom salts after a long day of walking/standing ... and 600mg of ibuprofen before I go to bed.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

If it is PF, the thing that helped me most (besides always wearing supportive shoes like crocs and Fitflops in the house was squeezing rugs with my toes. A nurse has told me that stretching and icing the bottom of my feet might helps but to also try this. You stand on a rug and try to pinch it with your toes and lift it up. That tightens and strengthens the muscles in that area. That helped me tremendously. Hope you can find some relief soon.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Are the slippers you are wearing new enough? I know my FitFlop flip flops need to be replaced when I can feel my knees starting to hurt.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2