Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Feet hurt a lot

diamond is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Feet hurt a lot

Recently from past few weeks my feet are hurting s lot. Looking back I had some ill fitting shoes which I changed and got better shoes at a running store. But my feet are hurting a lot especially the heel area and sometimes the ball areas as well that's in both feet. I went to a massage place in the mall like a small Chinese kiosk where they were doing foot massage and when the guy was pressing my feet it was so painful that I was screaming in pain. Reading online it looks like it could be plantar fasciitis I'm not sure though I am doing some stretches doing some ice, seemed like it helped a bit, but today I was on my feet for ,3-4 hours straight in my new good sneakers and my feet are hurting very bad. anything else I should do? Anyone faced this? Please give me hope

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Put supportive shoes by your bed - if you have Birkenstocks, those will be perfect. Don’t walk barefoot - even to the bathroom in the middle of the night or the morning. Wearing shoes with proper arch support and stretching are crucial. I add walkfit arches to all my closed shoes. It takes a long time to recover from PF, but eventually you will!
    DS 2/09

diamond is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Smillow View Post
    Put supportive shoes by your bed - if you have Birkenstocks, those will be perfect. Don’t walk barefoot - even to the bathroom in the middle of the night or the morning. Wearing shoes with proper arch support and stretching are crucial. I add walkfit arches to all my closed shoes. It takes a long time to recover from PF, but eventually you will!
    Do you think it is indeed PF? I am using fit flops slipper at home. Not sure if it is good or making it worse, using it for past several weeks.. I noticed though my both feet are hurting bad, my left knee is sort of hurting when I step wrong, it's hard to explain but some steps when I take it hurts when I step in a different way like twisted Sprain in ankle sort of.. my mom is 62 and complaining if feet pain and leg pain etc. . And I was telling her you are only 62, you shouldn't be having that. 😀 I am only 41 and now I am complaining 😂

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Go to a podiatrist. DS has custom orthotics and he gets heel pain if he doesn’t wear them.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

A lot of threads on here about PF. The big thing is to prevent a flare up because once you get a bad one, it takes a while. My first PF flare up was the worst, most painful, and took a long time to go away. A good part of that was I didn't know what it was and it doesn't start out bad - like a bruised area on the heel - so I kept going and unknowingly doing things, such as being bare foot or flip flops, that were making it worse. I did have slight knee pain that first time because when your foot hurts so bad, you are not walking correctly to compensate and take pressure off the foot that it puts pressure on other areas. Massaging didn't help, only stretching. I could use a towel to stretch myself but the best were with DH helping me because it was intense until it got better. I slept in a PF boot. Lived in hard soled shoes in the day. Now if I have the slightest hint, I know what to do so I've never had another bad flare up.

Look to see if there is a Chiro, DO or PT around you trained in Fascial Distortion Model (FDM). Depending on the cause of the plantar fasciitis, it can help tremendously. I can usually keep mine in check but after a long trip of walking mostly cobblestone streets and not the best shoes it was awful. I could hardly bear weight on my R foot. After the first visit it still hurt a lot but was noticeably better. After 3 visits I was 75% better. It took about 8-9 visits to be completely pain free. Now if I feel it starting up I have her work on it and it’s never come back.

https://www.fascialdistortion.com/what-is-fdm/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Feet hurt a lot

I maybe an anomaly but I had never had any plantar fasciitis issues until I was trying to break in a newly rehabbed pair (I had the footbed and sole replaced) of Birkenstock’s last year and then the symptoms came out of nowhere in both my feet. The main symptoms of pain for me are in my heel, and the bottom of my feet. I wore Crocs flip flops around the house and pretty much anytime it wasn’t raining, and had to wear a dress shoe that was a wedge to anywhere I couldn’t wear flip flops (I liked the Cole Haan, Dansko, and Clarks wedge sandals) for a good six months or I would have pain in my heels and the mid sole of my foot. I went to my doctor and had xrays done because the pain in my heels was consistent with bone spurs, but the xray was negative. Eventually the pain went away in my right foot and now it just comes and goes in my left foot (mainly if I have been sitting too long but it isn’t nearly as painful as it was last year).

I probably wouldn’t go to one of those massage places at the mall again and if you can self refer yourself to a podiatrist I would ASAP just Incase you have a potentially more serious foot issue.

What helped for me was rolling my feet over a frozen water bottle and wearing shoes with a wedge. I also used one of those plastic foot rollers that dancers use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I second the recommendation for a chiropractor that does fascia work on all parts of the body and/or uses Graston tools, instead of just doing back/neck adjustment. I'm a runner and get issues with PF, my arches, my hips, my knees, etc. And every visit my chiro will work on fascia and muscle release. With PF I had it healed in just 3 visits with the Graston tool. Hurts like HELL but works so well. And for me my feet issues originate with my hamstrings and achilles and working on those fixes my feet.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

For a lot of people, wearing hard soled shoes like fit flops at all times helps With PF. You had mentioned that you just started wearing fit flop slippers a few weeks ago. Did you mean the brand fit flops or flip-flops? I’m wondering if the new shoes are causing this problem, Or maybe those ill fitting shoes triggered it.
    Personally, I have a pair of fit flop brand sandals that I wear in the house. Outside the house, I wear fit flops or other comfort shoes with superfeet insoles. For some odd reason allbirds work for me, too. Doing this has cured my PF, but It’s an individual thing so you might have to experiment a bit, assuming it’s PF.

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Smillow View Post
    This was my exact advice. I developed plantar fasciitis when I increased my workout load quickly. It was painful and I bought birkenstocks and wore them around the house. I bought some heel inserts for shoes also. Anyway, I got over PF and really haven't had any problems since. But I'm definitely more careful about increasing workouts too quickly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast