Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    daisyd is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default What are your 11 yr old and 7 yr old DCs getting for the holidays?

What are your 11 yr old and 7 yr old DCs getting for the holidays? My 11 yr old has said he might like a sports watch. He likes reading, sports and music. He's into Lego robotics. I'm thinking may be arduino?

I need ideas especially for my 7 yr old. He said surprise me He likes sports, arts and reading.

Thanks!

I need ideas, too! Both my kids (DS 11 and DD 7) want watches. They’re getting footie pjs and slippers. DD is getting a new skate bag and skates unless she outgrows her current skates before the holidays, in which case she’ll get them regardless. DD also wants some new jigsaw puzzles, and she’s wanted a robot animal for a while. I’m kind of iffy about it. I’m at a bit of a loss for fun presents, especially for DS. We don’t have a gaming system, and I’m not getting one, and that and a cat (which I’m also not getting) are all he’s been asking for. I’m hoping you all will have some ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

PZMommy is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm at a loss for my boys. My 8 yr old is into beyblades and there was a set/stadium at target he wanted, so I picked that up with a 25% off coupon. There is one video game my 10 yr old wants, so I'm getting that for him. But I still need a few more things from us, and then my parents will want a list. I've said absolutely no lego sets this year, since they still have several from their birthdays that they have not assembled. Worst case my parents are good with sending gift cards or cash, so the boys can get what they want. I wrap those in boxes, so it still looks like a lot under the tree.

Default What are your 11 yr old and 7 yr old DCs getting for the holidays?

My 10 year old DS wants some sort of fancy camera (DSLR that his grandpa has), interesting Rubik’s cubes (he’s obsessed), and a professional Rubik’s cube timer.

DS2 (6) pretty much wants every toy out there. He’s always been very easy to please when it comes to toys and games. He especially loves rocks and gems, board/card games, puzzles, and books.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Thanks for the ideas.

DS1 asked for Lego architecture/ Ideas. I saw a great deal on Shanghai set ($36 on walmart) but I waited and it's now $47. Same deal with DS2's lego set

For Ds2 I'm thinking of Rush hour game. He enjoyed it at a playdate recently. May be kinetic sand? Is 7 too old for this?
    He's also asked for sneakers and sports stuff

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm struggling with my 11 & 7 year old boys too. They only want sports jerseys, a couple video games, and younger DS wants a nerf gun. I'm at a total loss for stockings.

ang79 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have girls, almost 11 and 13. The younger one is still into Legos and toys and made a big wishlist. The older one only wants a new iphone - that's not happening! Unless I can get a good deal on an upgrade for myself and give her my SE (which would be way better than the 4s she is currently using).

Trying to find family board or card games, maybe tickets for a family outting somewhere. It gets harder the older they get.....

My DD’s are 11 and 9, and I’m sort of at a loss too. So far, they’re each getting a toque of their favourite sports team, footed pj’s, a couple of books, and a travel mug (lately they’re really into bringing tea on the way to school, and are always stealing mine!).

So, nothing big yet, but maybe we’ll just stick with a few small things this year. Of course, both of them have been begging for an iphone and a puppy, but there’s no way they’re getting either .
    DD1 '08
    DD2 '10

KpbS is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Football cards, a couple of Legos...

We are doing the want, need, wear, read gifts this year and are sticking to our budget as best we can!

For stockings I do almost all candy/little food items and one novelty item.
    K

Quote Originally Posted by mm123 View Post
    My DD’s are 11 and 9, and I’m sort of at a loss too. So far, they’re each getting a toque of their favourite sports team, footed pj’s, a couple of books, and a travel mug (lately they’re really into bringing tea on the way to school, and are always stealing mine!).

Thanks for the footed pj's idea. I saw pjs on everyone else's posts but the footed DS 2 is excited about. I am too for myself

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast