Default Books on axiety in kids

DD has been dealing with anxiety for a while, but today they had ALICE drill at school and it really affected her. It reared its ugly hear late in the summer with all the EEE news in our area, where she was very worried about dying from it and refused to go to playgrounds (this is a child that loves playgrounds) if saw any bugs flying around. Things are not improving, she is worried about everything, wind hurting her throat, cat running into a chair getting a concussion and dying. My FIL passed away early in the summer, and I kept my eye on her and was talking her through things, and for a while it seemed ok, but with EEE it started to get worse. I reached out to her doctor, but in the meantime I am looking for books and resources on how to deal with this for me and to bring DH around, because he just tells her to snap out of it, and he is the biggest worrier I have ever met.
    ~ N

DD 12/10

mom2khj is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I found this website a huge help.
    http://www.anxietybc.com/

Had this book, but only used it sparingly.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/07...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This book was wonderful for DD.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    mom to DD1 (17), DD2 (14) and DS (9)

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I would also reach out to the school's adjustment counselor since the ALICE drill triggered the latest round. I am not a fan of the ALICE drills in their current format. Terrifying thousands of kids who will likely never ever see any issue (knock on wood) cant be a good thing. Really, I think they're training the teachers but they could do that with adult volunteers.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

petesgirl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

A friend of mine who is a pediatric nurse reccomended the coping cat books on Amazon. She said it's what the chikd psychologist in her peds office uses. I haven't ordered them yet, mostly because we started therapy to help with my DS's anxiety and I was waiting to see if they had any books they use.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

Freeing Your Child from Anxiety--Great, practical tips plus good explanation of what is going on
    What to Do When You Worry Too Much--workbook for you and your kiddo to use together
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."