Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Their prices are still very inflated. Mostly I get items like athletic pants, sweatshirts, and tshirts for DS1. I have one or 2 clothing items from Kohls but overall I'm not terribly impressed with their styling or quality. I know lots of people say they get basics like underwear, socks, etc. I wonder what people are buying because the prices are so inflated that after all the discounts it just brings them down close to Target's regular price. But I don't have the Kohls card so I know my discount is not as high as cardholders. I shop with them in spurts, as it's a lot of work to keep up with all their sales.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

The price inflation thing is very real. Easier to compare now that Target has a great online listings also. It's the one store I keep the credit card for because of the benefits.

I completely clothe my husband and two boys between Kohls and Costco.

I tend to order a lot online since I can always get a 30% off code. But there are two stores within my normal circle. I consider Kohls cash to just be a bonus. Never factor earning it when making a purchase. Then go to store and troll the clearance rack or pick up a shirt or two for DH and call it done.

Quote Originally Posted by calebsmama03 View Post
    Lol I think I’m the only person on the planet who doesn’t go crazy over Kohl’s sales like this. I dropped my kohl’s card many years ago after too many frustrations with poor quality. I thought I was missing out so I ordered a bunch of towels and washcloths last month when the deal seemed to good to pass up but the quality was terrible. Thin and rough. First wash the edges were fraying and thread hanging loose everywhere and they shrunk ridiculously so back they went. I almost ordered some shoes and such yesterday with the coupons but stopped myself over concerns about quality again.
    This sale is a definite exception. When you add the $10 off $25 to the 30%, you can get some really good deals. Plus they had $10 off $50 for household items. I got an OXO scale that would have been $40 at Bed Bath & Beyond with a coupon for $27, including the OXO measuring cup that I added on to get to $50. I was buying name brand things and directly compared the prices with other places. I buy Jockey underwear and Sonicare toothbrush refills that are the same as I would get anywhere else. The toothbrush refills were $20 - the same pack is $35 at Target.
    I like their Tek Gear active wear and have not had any issues with quality - especially for the price. When I pay $20 for pants, I don't expect them to last forever.

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Responding to PP's who don't like Kohl's because prices are inflated/quality is poor/non stylish clothes/confusing sales.....how does this add to OP's post? Kohl's may not be your choice for shopping, I totally get that, I really do. I just don't think adding unfavorable comments and opinions to this thread is helpful.
    Last edited by liz; 11-12-2019 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Responding to PP's who don't like Kohl's because prices are inflated/quality is poor/non stylish clothes/confusing sales.....how does this add to OP's post? Kohl's may not be your choice for shopping, I totally get that, I really do. I just don't think adding unfavorable comments and opinions to this thread is helpful.
    Sorry - didn't know there was a post police telling us where we can post and what we can say. IMO it's totally relevant to the thread if she is asking what is everyone buying at Kohls and we are answering the question saying we are buying nothing because the prices are still not great for the quality offered, but apparently my opinion was incorrect. Next time I'll be sure to make certain everything I say is approved. <insert massive eyeroll>

California is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Well, Calebsmama's post did remind me that I forgot to order towels! Our guest studio has thick soft towels from Kohls that have held up well through multiple washings. Should have put them on the list :-P Their cheap towels are just that- cheap. But for this sale you can get better-quality ones at a great price, by combining the 30% off, $10 off $25, and free shipping. Perfect for a guest bathroom. Oh well!

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by calebsmama03 View Post
    Sorry - didn't know there was a post police telling us where we can post and what we can say. IMO it's totally relevant to the thread if she is asking what is everyone buying at Kohls and we are answering the question saying we are buying nothing because the prices are still not great for the quality offered, but apparently my opinion was incorrect. Next time I'll be sure to make certain everything I say is approved. <insert massive eyeroll>
    wow, that's not the tone I was trying to convey. Honestly I haven't posted or been active on the BBB in a while due to responses like these. This thread is in the Bargains Lounge and was asking what everyone was buying. People who are buying items are excited about getting a good deal. How does saying the store is terrible because it's not stylish/terrible quality/tricky sales tactics helping us find a deal? I'm seriously asking this question. Basically these kind of responses are supposed to make us feel bad about our shopping choices? IDK. Seemed like an off topic response to those of us who are legitimately trying to find a good deal.

MomtoNico is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I agree most things are over priced. And you can’t use coupons on a lot of items. I guess that is why I asked the question. I was looking for ideas. I got an electric toothbrush and a few other things. I kindly wish I got some nice towels- like a pp posted. Maybe I will have a better idea next year.

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I don’t have a Kohl’s card, so I prob didn’t maximize potential savings. But I picked up the newly released Instant Pot Omni Plus Toaster Oven for about $50 off the usual $199 price it is everywhere else. The next best savings would have been Macy’s with 10% off with their Friends and Family discount. The Kohl’s price with three stacked coupons on Monday was the best deal I could find on this particular product. That, combined with the more generous and longer return policy made it a good buy from there. I’ve been so curious to see how well this oven will work. I’ve had two Breville Smart Ovens that I loved, but both died at the 2.5 to 3 year mark. I much prefer the Breville functionality and ease of use, but want to give this Instant Pot one a try.
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3