Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default What streaming services do you use?

We quit Netflix in anticipation of Disney Plus. We just upgraded to Spotify Premium family too. We don’t have any other pay subscriptions. We do use the Roku channel, the BYU channel (that’s my alma mater), Disney NOW (which we get because DH is an employee), and Kanopy, which are all free.

We used to subscribe to much more including Hulu, Amazon Prime, and VidAngel but I don’t miss them. (Maybe occasionally the free fast shipping on Prime?)

I LOVE Spotify premium. DH, DS1 and I all use it all the time and mostly on mobile. We have unlimited data too.

I’m excited about Disney Plus. We got the 3 year deal offered a few months back so it better be good, lol!

I personally almost never watch anything on TV so I haven’t missed Netflix at all but my kids did have some shows they really love and they are sad. DS1 is crushed he won’t be able to watch Stranger Things. DDs favorite show is a Netflix exclusive. Good thing Grandma still has it!

What are you subscribing to and liking?

YouTube TV, Netflix, and Prime. And then others when there’s a show we want to watch : Hulu for handmaid’a tale, HBO, Showtime, or Starz...but only for that show and then we cancel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

PZMommy is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We do Netflix, Hulu, and Disney plus. I have amazon prime, but have never streamed music or video from them. I use the free version of Spotify. Plus we have cable with all of the extra packages.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Watch around Thanksgiving for a deal on Hulu (not Hulu live), I got a year at 99 ¢ a month. They have so many options of older and newer shows (on a day delay for TV shows) and lots of movies. I'm currently enjoying watching ER again!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    YouTube TV, Netflix, and Prime. And then others when there’s a show we want to watch : Hulu for handmaid’a tale, HBO, Showtime, or Starz...but only for that show and then we cancel.

Same!

YouTube TV, Netflix, and Amazon Prime. Hulu for Handmaid's Tale. DH would get HBO for Game of Thrones.

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    YouTube TV, Netflix, and Prime.
    Same here. Just switched to YouTube TV from DirectTVnow because they were feuding with ABC, NBC, CBS.

I use prime music quite a bit and also have apple music because I have an apple watch with cellular and I like to stream music while I run and you can't do spotify or pandora on your watch.

We will probably consider a subscription to disney.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    Watch around Thanksgiving for a deal on Hulu (not Hulu live), I got a year at 99 ¢ a month. They have so many options of older and newer shows (on a day delay for TV shows) and lots of movies. I'm currently enjoying watching ER again!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    That's a great price! I'd be ok paying that. DH does like watching TV sometimes and did enjoy watching it on Hulu (albeit usually a day later).

I forgot that when the Olympics happens again in 2020 we'll be watching via Sling, most likely. We just get like a month subscription. Way worth the $25 or so!

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We pay for Netflix, Amazon Prime, and the basic one device Amazon Unlimited Music. We also have SiriusXM streaming at home as part of our included subscription.

I have had Pandora free since 2007 or so and Dd1 recently downloaded Spotify, but I haven’t played around with it yet.

We have regular cable as we’ll because every time I look at dropping cable and going streaming only it doesn’t save me any money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

We pay for Netflix and Amazon Prime. Amazon, I do for the shopping, but they do have a lot of good stuff. My husband has been burning through older HBO stuff recently. I don't think I'd pay for it just for streaming, but it is a nice bonus.

Hulu I get free from Sprint. I understood it was only supposed to work on one cell phone, but it works anywhere with my login. It is also nice, but I'm not sure I'd pay for it either.

We do have Spotify paid (family?). My daughter wanted it for her birthday last year. I do like it, but don't use it like crazy like she does. I'd certainly do the free version if she hadn't wanted it for a gift.

We still have cable. Paying for internet alone is very nearly the same price as paying for internet plus cable, so we keep it. The same held true when we had internet plus DirecTV. Streaming is great when you have something you know you want to watch. But, cable is nice to just grab the remote and tune in something mindless like HGTV or happening upon an old movie I loved vs. scrolling through a streaming service and just not finding anything to have on in the background. (I realize I shouldn't have the TV on in the background, but that's the way I roll.)
    Last edited by khm; 11-11-2019 at 05:36 PM.

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We have Prime ( because I have a amazon addiction) Hulu because it comes with our sprint and we leech off my oldest son's Netflix when we went to watch something he does the same with our HBO & Hulu. We have cable because my DH is a sports addict. Soccer ( more soccer) Football and Oh Hockey cant forget hockey.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast