Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Anyone care to share how prime works for music? Is it like Spotify? Can you have it on multiple devices? And what’s this “free Apple TV with purchase of an Apple product” deal! We purchased 3 iPhones and a Mac mini this year!
    I use Amazon prime music all the time. On my desktop at work, or on the echo at home. Wet have an echo dot upstairs in the playroom and the kids can listen to music while I listen to something else on the echo in the kitchen. The echo and dot are linked to my prime account already, so we just say "Alexa, play 80's rock on prime music". On my desktop, I just log into my Amazon account and click to stream Amazon prime music. On my phone (we have androids) I have the prime music app.

I can't answer your other questions...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We have Netflix and Prime Video, and are considering subscribing to Disney+ (the premium service would also give us Hulu, which we didn't have before, so it might be worth it) but not 100% sold on it yet.

We still have cable and will have to massage our package because they shifted TCM from the regular "movies" package to the sportsball package and I don't want to give up HBO.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elbenn View Post
    We have Netflix, Prime Video, and AT&T TV (used to be Dish or Direct and changed over to AT&T).

For those with YouTube TV, is there a DVR feature? I don't currently have a DVR feature on any of my streaming subscriptions, but I would like one.
    Yes youtubetv has a dvr type feature. It was nice so DS could watch the baseball games without staying up til 10 pm.

mom2khj is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Anyone care to share how prime works for music? Is it like Spotify? Can you have it on multiple devices? And what’s this “free Apple TV with purchase of an Apple product” deal! We purchased 3 iPhones and a Mac mini this year!
    Not too sure about prime music, but I think it's just like spotify. I think there are different versions (one for prime members and you can also pay more for additional features?)

I forgot I also now have apple tv+ because we bought new phones. Here are the details I found on it: I think I just opened the app on my new phone and it prompted me to redeem my free year.

Get one year free Apple TV+ when you buy a new iPhone, iPad, iPod
    touch, Apple TV, or Mac.
    Terms and conditions:
    • Offer is available for a limited time only.
    • Offer cannot be combined with other free trials or offers for Apple TV+.
    • Only one offer per Family, regardless of number of devices purchased. You can
    share your 1 year free Apple TV+ with up to 5 other family members via Family
    Sharing.
    • Redeem your 1 year free in the Apple TV app starting November 1, 2019. Make
    sure your eligible device is running the latest iOS, iPadOS, tvOS, or macOS.
    • Offer must be claimed in the Apple TV app within 3 months after first setting
    up your new device. To see the offer appear, you will need to sign in with your
    Apple ID on your new device. If you’ve purchased your new device before the
    launch of Apple TV+ on November 1, you will have 3 months starting November
    1 to redeem.
    • Upon claiming the offer, you commit to a $4.99/month subscription that starts
    immediately after the 1 year free and automatically renews until cancelled.
    You can cancel at any time in Settings at least a day before each renewal date.
    If you cancel during your free year, you and your family members will
    immediately lose access to Apple TV+ and the remainder of your 1-year free
    trial. You can’t reactivate this trial.
    Eligible devices:
    • Any new iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, or Mac capable of running the
    latest iOS, iPadOS, tvOS, or macOS purchased after September 10, 2019, from
    Apple or an Apple authorized reseller, is eligible.
    mom to DD1 (17), DD2 (14) and DS (9)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2khj View Post
    We just switched to YouTube TV from Playstation Vue.
    We've had Netflix since it first came out.
    We have Hulu, was only supposed to keep it until we finished Brooklyn 99, but we're behind in watching it so we still have it. I believe DD1 uses it quite a bit so we'll probably keep it.
    We have Spotify Family and I have Apple Music for me (part of my Verizon plan).
    We just got Disney+ from Verizon for the first year free.
    We have Amazon prime because of the shipping, the streaming service is a bonus. Though I now watch a few exclusives so we'd likely keep it anyways, even if we didn't want the shipping.

I think that's it? LOL

Even with all that, the total is less than we were paying for cable+internet through Xfinity. Mostly because we don't have the cost of extra cable boxes.
    How do you like YouTube tv compared to playstation vue? We are still currently using PSVue but know it's ending soon.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

mom2khj is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AngB View Post
    How do you like YouTube tv compared to playstation vue? We are still currently using PSVue but know it's ending soon.
    I actually like it much better. The guide and dvr work in a way that is much better for how I watch tv.

I had switched just before the news came out and am glad the switch was worth it once the news about vue came out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    mom to DD1 (17), DD2 (14) and DS (9)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

For Amazon Music Unlimited it is $7.99 per month for one device and $14.99 a month for a family of devices. I use it for listening to albums and occasional stations through Alexa or on my phone when I am driving. I am tempted to bump up my subscription from single device to family device because my grandma’s echo dot hooked up to my cell phone as she doesn’t have a smart phone.

For Amazon Prime Music there are only certain albums, songs, or artists available and they can come and go, but on Unlimited Music there is a much broader range of artists. I like more than Apple Music Unlimited for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We currently have netflix, hulu, and the cheap deal for Disney Plus. We don't have cable and somehow I got grandfathered into sharing my dad's amazon account so I can't watch tv but don't have to pay for prime shipping, so I'm not messing with it. We just did one month of Philo just for the Hallmark content but after it expires we may join FRNDLY TV for Hallmark content. I will probably cancel Hulu since we had the crazy 99 cent deal.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    We still have cable and will have to massage our package because they shifted TCM from the regular "movies" package to the sportsball package and I don't want to give up HBO.
    Have you figured out a way to watch TCM elsewhere?? We’ve same cable company, I think due to locations from each other. My husband is quite annoyed by the new change with TCM, and we’ve tried to google. Also tried Hulu which supposedly advertised having TCM but it’s only select programs and movies, not the whole TCM channel that DH wants.

Anyone know?? I appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DualvansMommy View Post
    Have you figured out a way to watch TCM elsewhere?? We’ve same cable company, I think due to locations from each other. My husband is quite annoyed by the new change with TCM, and we’ve tried to google. Also tried Hulu which supposedly advertised having TCM but it’s only select programs and movies, not the whole TCM channel that DH wants.

Anyone know?? I appreciate it!
    I have the "WatchTCM" app on my smartphone, but that's only the movie DB with certain intros from Robert Osborne (still miss him!) and Ben Mankiewicz. Overall, the selection of films is excellent, but it's kind of nice to be able to enjoy the theme nights and the co-hosts for The Essentials ...
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast