Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Supportive and warm slippers to wear around the house?

My right foot has been hurting along the top of my foot and I think it is because of my slippers. In the summer I wear Skethers Yoga Mat flip flops as house shoes, I can't walk around barefoot or in socks very long or my feet start to hurt. In the winter I need something warm on my feet though, and the cheap slippers I have aren't cutting it, especially when I am standing in the kitchen cooking and doing dishes. Any recommendations? I was considering the sherpa lined Crocs, as I like wearing my Crocs flip flops in the summer, but I've never tried their clogs (because I think they are ugly!) I guess I could deal with them as slippers if they would help though.

newnana is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm wearing my sherpa lined Crocs right now! They are SUPER ugly and I love them. I have heel spurs from untreated plantar fasciitis and they are sooo comfy and warm. DH got them for me last Christmas. I wear my wool socks in them for extra warmth and because I prefer the way it feels.

I can easily slide in and out of them, which makes me more likely to actually wear them. So ugly. Turns out they feel so good I don't care.

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by newnana View Post
    I'm wearing my sherpa lined Crocs right now! They are SUPER ugly and I love them. I have heel spurs from untreated plantar fasciitis and they are sooo comfy and warm. DH got them for me last Christmas. I wear my wool socks in them for extra warmth and because I prefer the way it feels.

I can easily slide in and out of them, which makes me more likely to actually wear them. So ugly. Turns out they feel so good I don't care.
    Thanks! Are they this style without the removable liner? It looks like they used to have a removable liner but now it does not come out.
    Do they get smelly if you wear them with socks? Just wondering how to clean them if they get dirty or smelly, since the liner doesn't come out.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...E7U53NWQ&psc=1

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Invest in haflinger cork sole or llb wicked good cork sole. You will never look back!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

newnana is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Those are the ones I am wearing. I LOVE them. DH got them in a color I love knowing I'd never wear another shoe in this color because, if you are already wearing crocs, who cares?

I'm the opposite, they would stink in about 2 seconds if I wore them without socks. There is something about my feet in shoes with no socks that makes them instantly sweat. Ew. The socks in my brain are a buffer that I can take out and wash to protect the unwashable lining. All of my other shoes stink. These don't. I don't know why.

Also, I've started to wear Lume on my feet (and ALL my other stinky parts. Yes all). I'm shocked. Mad love. Life changing. Who knew a deodorant could be life changing? It is. https://lumedeodorant.com/

I don't wear them out of the house, so other than what comes from me, they don't get very dirty. I don't even wear them out to get the mail or get something from the garage. Since starting to WFH all the time, I have worn these most of every day for the last 11 months. I'm astounded how good my feet and back feel.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I like vionic McKenzie slippers. They are only fuzzy on the bottom but I'm usually wearing socks anyway so that works for me.

I have similar foot issues. I have these and LOVE them: https://earthshoes.com/earth-origins...ther-shoes-gry

You can get them on Amazon and DSW as well.

I wear them every day from October to April. Just around the house, and always with socks.

If you don’t like that specific style, Earth Origins has several similar styles, same concept.
    Last edited by mm123; 11-11-2019 at 02:46 PM.
    DD1 '08
    DD2 '10

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I used the lined crocs. They are ugly, but so comfortable!!! I only wear them in the house. I have issues with my right foot/heel, and can’t go barefoot at all.

Another lined crocs wearer. I'm on at least my third pair. It doesn't matter whether or not the lining can come out - the sherpa stuff gets matted and gross and it's time to replace, even if you can wash them.
    I have RA and lots of feet issues and can't go without shoes. I wear regular crocs in summer and lined crocs in winter.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Love the cork soled Haflingers! I also have this version of the Ugg slipper and they are great too. I'm surprised at how comfortable they are as I usually need something with a distinct arch support, but so far they've been great and I've had them almost a year.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast