Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    emily is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Supportive and warm slippers to wear around the house?

I wear the big, ugly Crocs all year round. I tried the lined ones but found they got stinky so just wear socks in the colder months. They are so comfy. My lower back and feet ache on the days I don’t wear them.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

megv is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I LOVE my AllBirds wool loungers for around the house. Pricey, but the comfiest shoes I own. They are very warm. I wear without socks and they don’t stink. Can also go in washing machine. Totally worth the price tag!!!!

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I love my unlined Crocs for summer and winter. In the winter I wear them with thick wool ski socks inside the house. I also have a pair of slip-on Fitflops that I wear with socks in winter and without in summer. We have coated cement floors and while they are warm (in-floor heat) and easy to clean, they are murder on my feet and legs.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

umsh is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Supportive and warm slippers to wear around the house?

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    I love my unlined Crocs for summer and winter. In the winter I wear them with thick wool ski socks inside the house. I also have a pair of slip-on Fitflops that I wear with socks in winter and without in summer. We have coated cement floors and while they are warm (in-floor heat) and easy to clean, they are murder on my feet and legs.
    I’ve been looking for slip on Fitflops...can you share a pic or link for what you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by umsh; 11-12-2019 at 12:48 PM.

Seeing a lot of Crocs love here...would a crocs slide work for foot pain and to give support? I’ve never had foot pain before but my right foot started hurting a few weeks ago. I wear my Crocs slides while on the tile and hardwood but go barefoot while upstairs (carpet). Would the original Crocs possibly be a better option for me now?

Crocs are not supportive for me. I wear Birkenstock Arizona with socks depending on the temp. I love my fleece socks when it’s really cold!!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

Oh and I don’t take a step without shoes on. My feet need constant support
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    Oh and I don’t take a step without shoes on. My feet need constant support
    Yeah, I’m seeing that from everyone’s feet threads...this’ll be a tough transition but obviously I’ll be doing it if this is what I have to to deal with the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    Crocs are not supportive for me. I wear Birkenstock Arizona with socks depending on the temp. I love my fleece socks when it’s really cold!!
    Thanks for the rec!

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by umsh View Post
    I’ve been looking for flip on Fitflops...can you share a pic or link for what you have?

Sure! I have sandals very similar to these that I wear without socks in summer and with wool socks in winter (I never wear them out of the house, especially with socks on). https://m.shop.nordstrom.com/s/fitfl...silver%20suede. They are so wonderfully comfortable for me. I’m a huge fan of Fitflop.

We have cement floors on the main floor and basement with carpet upstairs. I’m in the habit of kicking my shoes off before heading upstairs to the carpet but otherwise I can’t walk in the house without my crocs or fitflops. It’s too hard on my feet, legs and hips. They just ache at the end of the day otherwise.
    Last edited by gatorsmom; 11-12-2019 at 11:08 AM.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast