WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default what are your favorite blinds or shades?

We have a ridiculous number of windows across the front of our house (23) due to a bank of 3 in each room and 2 large bay windows with 5 each!

Currently, our levelor 2.5" blinds from Lowe's are starting to die. We have 3 currently not able to tilt. The newer model is cordless, and uses a wand, but DH and I both hate the wand operation.

We are considering moving to cellular shades, with the top-down feature, but we aren't sure. We DO like to look out, but our house is situated such that we must have them closed at night. Lowes has a 50% of sale on custom Levelors on the 27th, so I'm thinking that is the best option since it'll make custom ones the same price as the stock blinds...and cellular shades will be about the same. I just don't know which to choose.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    We have a ridiculous number of windows across the front of our house (23) due to a bank of 3 in each room and 2 large bay windows with 5 each!

Currently, our levelor 2.5" blinds from Lowe's are starting to die. We have 3 currently not able to tilt. The newer model is cordless, and uses a wand, but DH and I both hate the wand operation.

We are considering moving to cellular shades, with the top-down feature, but we aren't sure. We DO like to look out, but our house is situated such that we must have them closed at night. Lowes has a 50% of sale on custom Levelors on the 27th, so I'm thinking that is the best option since it'll make custom ones the same price as the stock blinds...and cellular shades will be about the same. I just don't know which to choose.
    I like to look out of my windows without having to open the blinds fully, so I don't like cellular shades. I like in a house that had them once and I just really disliked the "closed in" feeling I got from them. We looked at doing custom blinds, but in the end we've always just gone with the in stock blinds from Home Depot, Lowes or JcPennys. Which ever was cheaper and they have always lasted us a really long time, not to mention were easy to replace if one broke. Since custom blinds are the same price with the coupon, that's a good option too.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We used Budget Blinds when we moved into our house. We have a crazy number of windows so I did it in stages. Bedrooms and bathrooms. Front of the house living spaces. Back of the house living spaces. We’ve been very happy with them. I’m not sure how they price out compared to Home Depot and Lowe’s.

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We have wooden mini-blinds that I love. I think they are from HomeDepot. HOWEVER, my parents had shutters in their old house and they were my favorite. In DC's rooms we have roller shades, since I did not want the cords in their rooms.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We’ve been very happy with the budget blinds. I also have hunter douglas and don’t notice much of a difference other than price.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default what are your favorite blinds or shades?

Our Levelors we bought from JC Penney are 10 years old and we have been happy with them. When we had a real estate agent assess our house a few years ago the agent did say we should replace them with something white, but I am not sure with the market being so tight here now (there was a lot on the market a few years ago) that we will have to replace them now, but I would consider Levelor again.

What about Costco?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 11-15-2019 at 12:02 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)