Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    Unfortunately I’m looking for dress shoes to wear with suits and dresses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Im a huge Fitflop fan and probably own over 10 pairs. But they definitely aren’t for everyone. To make things more complicated, Fitflop has like 4 different types of soles/footbeds and they don’t all work for me. In fact, some are downright uncomfortable for me. I have flat feet and have wonderful experience with their Microwobbleboard soles. These are the wider, thicker soles that you see in their sandals and some boots. I can also wear their supercomff soles which are the thick soles you see in their flats, loafers and some booties. These different soles are labeled in the circle at the bottom of the soles. None of the other soles work for me. And honestly, there is a huge difference in sizing. In the microwobbleboard I wear a size 8. In the Supercomff, I wear a size 7. It’s silly that there could be such a huge size discrepancy in one brand but I don’t care. These shoes are more comfortable for me than my doctor- provided orthotics. I’ll tolerate anything for these shoes.

As for dress shoes, if you are looking for heels and are flat-footed, I recommend Trotters which is a brand Nordstrom carries. I’ve also had good luck with Jeffrey Campbell and Sam Edelman. Hth!
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    Unfortunately I’m looking for dress shoes to wear with suits and dresses.

I love Cole Haan for work shoes.

Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    Im a huge Fitflop fan and probably own over 10 pairs. But they definitely aren’t for everyone. To make things more complicated, Fitflop has like 4 different types of soles/footbeds and they don’t all work for me. In fact, some are downright uncomfortable for me. I have flat feet and have wonderful experience with their Microwobbleboard soles. These are the wider, thicker soles that you see in their sandals and some boots. I can also wear their supercomff soles which are the thick soles you see in their flats, loafers and some booties. These different soles are labeled in the circle at the bottom of the soles. None of the other soles work for me. And honestly, there is a huge difference in sizing. In the microwobbleboard I wear a size 8. In the Supercomff, I wear a size 7. It’s silly that there could be such a huge size discrepancy in one brand but I don’t care. These shoes are more comfortable for me than my doctor- provided orthotics. I’ll tolerate anything for these shoes.

As for dress shoes, if you are looking for heels and are flat-footed, I recommend Trotters which is a brand Nordstrom carries. I’ve also had good luck with Jeffrey Campbell and Sam Edelman. Hth!
    I had not paid attention to the details about different styles but that makes a lot of sense. I have owned maybe 10-12 pairs but a few of them have been like MAGIC for my feet and others are just good shoes. They still do better for me than anything else I have tried but I need to pay more attention to which ones I truly love! I agree the sizing can be weird. My very favorite pair has been worn so much it seems to have stretched out and almost a size too big now (like hard to hold on to my feet!). But I can't give them up!
    Last edited by Melaine; 11-21-2019 at 08:13 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2