Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Maybe Fitflops aren't meant for me?

So decided I'd hop on the Fitflop bandwagon after seeing them get such love here. There were a ton of styles I could wear to work on sale recently so I ordered 3 pair in 3 different styles. I'm usually a 6 or 6.5, except in birkenstock and dansko and then I have to size down to 5.5/6 (36). I ordered a size 6 in all 3 styles and they are all too big. But the next size down is a 5 not a 5.5 and I think that'd be too small. When I measure my foot (trace on paper then measure with a ruler) I measure just shy of 23cm and according to their size chart that's squarely in their size 6.

Do I even bother to try a size 5?! Maybe I'm just not meant for this shoe brand.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    So decided I'd hop on the Fitflop bandwagon after seeing them get such love here. There were a ton of styles I could wear to work on sale recently so I ordered 3 pair in 3 different styles. I'm usually a 6 or 6.5, except in birkenstock and dansko and then I have to size down to 5.5/6 (36). I ordered a size 6 in all 3 styles and they are all too big. But the next size down is a 5 not a 5.5 and I think that'd be too small. When I measure my foot (trace on paper then measure with a ruler) I measure just shy of 23cm and according to their size chart that's squarely in their size 6.

Do I even bother to try a size 5?! Maybe I'm just not meant for this shoe brand.
    I love Fitflops, but they run really big. I have a very wide foot and typically wear an 8.5 or even a 9 (say for boots) but in fitflops I wear an 8 or could probably even take a 7.5 or 7 in some styles. I also size way down for my birks...wearing a 37 which I realize is nuts! I hope you can get them to work for you.

(If you have a narrow or even a typical width foot, I can see that these might not be a good fit, literally.)
    Last edited by Melaine; 11-14-2019 at 04:13 PM.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I hate them. They don’t fit me right.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

I have very narrow feet, and size 6 too. Never could find a pair that fit me well for long days at pool, beach or boardwalk. Not for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

If you have a high instep they won’t work. I tried multiple styles as well. They aren’t as fashionable as Fit Flops, but I love Crocs Capri flip flops. I have also heard good things about Vionic flip flops, but still honestly preferred the Crocs.

https://www.crocs.com/p/womens-capri-v-flip/202502.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The original footbed is wide. You could try the supercomff fit, which is narrower.
    https://www.fitflop.com/us/en/find-your-fit

My friend has small feet and likes that one best.

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    The original footbed is wide. You could try the supercomff fit, which is narrower.
    https://www.fitflop.com/us/en/find-your-fit

My friend has small feet and likes that one best.

Thanks for that link. Didn’t realize there was even a difference. I have narrow feet so that explains some of the fit problem. I looked at the supercomff and none of them are the styles I like. So I’m just gonna return the three pair and call it a day and move on to another brand.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I tried them too, but I have a narrow foot, my feet aren't fussy and I thought they looked terrible on my little foot (size 5), the straps seemed too much on my foot.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Twin Mom is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Some friends told me about oofos. They are super comfortable and good for your feet! I have narrow feet and they fit well. I wear a 6. FWIW my daughter is always trying to wear mine.

https://www.oofos.com/
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

Quote Originally Posted by Twin Mom View Post
    Some friends told me about oofos. They are super comfortable and good for your feet! I have narrow feet and they fit well. I wear a 6. FWIW my daughter is always trying to wear mine.

https://www.oofos.com/
    Unfortunately I’m looking for dress shoes to wear with suits and dresses.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast