Default Looking to do a soda bar for a large party, what type of equipment do I need?

I'm not that familiar with sodastream, but it has to be something that will make enough for 75 people. Any recommendations?

Or should I just get 7up and ginger ale with different types of syrups?
    Marcy

DD1 2003
    DD2 2005
    DD3 2009

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

What’s a soda bar? What’s your goal? Sorry, I’ve just never heard of this idea.
    I disliked the sodas the soda stream could make (the flavored syrups were not to my taste and I don’t really like sparkling water).

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

The soda stream wouldn’t be efficient for that many people. I would buy 2 liters of plain seltzer or club soda. I prefer fruit juices to syrups. Also fruits and vegetables like cut up lemons, limes, cucumbers would be good. 7-up would be good for those who want sweet. Apples and cinnamon are also good additions.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    What’s a soda bar? What’s your goal? Sorry, I’ve just never heard of this idea.
    I disliked the sodas the soda stream could make (the flavored syrups were not to my taste and I don’t really like sparkling water).
    Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    It's for a sweet 16 party. I got the idea from someone else who did it for their son's High School graduation party and it was a big hit.
    Marcy

DD1 2003
    DD2 2005
    DD3 2009

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I would buy club soda and an assortment of Torani syrups so they can mix and match and make different flavored sodas.

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

If you have a cost plus world market near you, they have a large assortment of small bottles of torani syrups.
    Quote Originally Posted by MMMommy View Post
    I would buy club soda and an assortment of Torani syrups so they can mix and match and make different flavored sodas.
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

Yeah, Italian sodas (just Torani or similar syrup and plain sparkling water, like Lacroix), and French sodas (this, plus cream mixed in) are super yummy and were big sellers when I worked at a bagel and coffee shop. . If you have syrup left over, they work great in snow cones.

We used to use clear plastic cups to pour the sparkling water, ice, and syrup into (maybe a tablespoon's worth? We used a little silver two-sided thing to measure it). Then we'd dump it into a big silver cup (like you'd get a malt in), and back in to the original clear cup, put a lid and straw on, and enjoy (being able to see the color through the cup makes it a little more special).

Sounds like a fun party!

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We did this for my DS's birthday and yes, it was a big hit!

If you have a Smart & Final near you, the Torani syrup and spouts are cheaper there than at Cost Plus. We put out syrups, creamer and sweetened almond milk, pineapple and orange juice, club soda, and canned whipped cream. Wrote the directions on a cute framed card.

Most of our guests preferred it as a cream soda (can't remember the Italian name for it), with a little milk or creamer added in, and a lot of whipped cream on top.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jerseygirl07067 View Post
    It's for a sweet 16 party. I got the idea from someone else who did it for their son's High School graduation party and it was a big hit.
    Then I would be asking that host how they made it work.

I have never heard of this idea before.

I had a soda stream for awhile before it broke and I likes the Crystal Light and other store brand calorie free flavors and juice, but never tried it with syrups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Quote Originally Posted by California View Post
    We did this for my DS's birthday and yes, it was a big hit!

If you have a Smart & Final near you, the Torani syrup and spouts are cheaper there than at Cost Plus. We put out syrups, creamer and sweetened almond milk, pineapple and orange juice, club soda, and canned whipped cream. Wrote the directions on a cute framed card.

Most of our guests preferred it as a cream soda (can't remember the Italian name for it), with a little milk or creamer added in, and a lot of whipped cream on top.
    Italian soda is with cream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk