Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    jent is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Yep, I change into lounge clothes every day. Lately I've been changing right into PJ's because I realize it's only a few hours until bedtime, why change twice? I have 4 sets of PJs, 2 are favorites and 1 almost never gets worn unless there is a laundry crisis.

I used to have a tiny master BR with tiny closet space, so I had to keep it pared down. I have 2 pairs yoga/jogging pants that are exclusively for lounging. My "lounge" tops are the same as my non-work, non-dressy tops so I have more of these. But maybe 5 are true loungewear? If I was paring down, and they served no other purpose, I think I'd keep 3-4.

Sweatshirts and fleece: I try to keep to 1 of each "type". Like 1 cotton hoodie, 1 fleece hoodie, 1 fleece vest, etc. I admit I have more now, mainly bc our new house has a new closet and I keep getting free/gift/logo stuff.
    Jen, mom to "Little Miss Tiny" 4/07

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

There are other kinds of clothes besides “date/party outfit”? My guess is my everyday clothes are lounge and my PJs are my lounging.
    -woman who wears pajamas (scrubs) to work.

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have a ton. I change into comfy clothes at home pretty much all the time. Leggings, yoga pants, sweatshirts, etc. in the winter. I have a few things I wouldn't wear out of the house because they look like PJs to me (cashmere sweatpants and barefoot dreams pants) but in general, if I wouldn't wear it to Target or the Grocery store, I'd get rid of it. I have a weird thing about my summer loungewear though (usually gym shorts and a t-shirt). They are nice enough to wear out of the house, but I just don't for some reason.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I think my big thing too is the removing of the bra at first possible chance. Not leaving the house like that so lounge clothes is a one way process.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

baymom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Way, way too many! I change as soon as I get home from work, to cook/walk the dog/drive the kids to activities. I look forward to changing after work! But, since I don’t wear those clothes for too many hours, I often re-wear multiple days before washing. I change to PJs after showering, in the winter sometimes that’s as early as 8pm. Therefore, there is no reason to hold onto as much as I have. Your post is inspiring me cut back!

ETA: I’m referring to clothes that I’d still feel comfortable going to Costco or Trader Joe’s in. If it wasn’t in decent enough shape for that, I get rid of it. Our town is somewhat small and it’s difficult to not run into someone you know.
    Last edited by baymom; 11-22-2019 at 01:57 PM.

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I change into athleisure as soon as I get home. Usually leggings, a shelf bra camisole, and a seasonally appropriate top. Then I wear that as pajamas. Then I exercise in that first thing in the AM then put it in the laundry. So I have quite a few leggings/athleisure tops because they serve a lot of different purposes.

I also have work clothes and jeans and more casual tops for weekend, but I don’t really have anything in between regular clothes and athleisure/exercise clothes/pajamas.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3