Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by trales View Post
    Awhile ago I got tired of having a wardrobe full of junk or just having too much. So I only have one wardrobe, I wear my work clothes all the time, when they wear out, I replace them. I do wear more long sleeve shirts on weekends, rather than blouses, but I weear the nice boden and banana republic pants all the time, they fit well and are comfy. I do have a pair of jeans.
    Right now I have am sitting on the couch watching TV in navy banana republic pants, Lands end blouse and cashmere cardigan from Lord and Taylor. I will put on jammies in a few when I get up again.

basically, I wear my work clothes until its time to change for bed. On sat, I wear jeans, on sunday I wear work clothes to church and then tend to leave them on.
    Do you do any cooking or cleaning? That’s primarily why I change. I’m not an apron person If I wore nice clothes when cooking dinner, cleaning up they would be a wreck.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

How many do I have? A million!
    How many do I use? 2 pairs. I find myself wearing the same 2 clothing sets at home all the time, winter or summer. In the winter paired with a zip up hoodie of which I have 3 identical iterations.
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

One thing - before you get rid of any - I have a set in my car, in case of... well.. kids. I've been puked on, peed on, diaper blow-out, soaked at a soccer game, covered in blood on the way to the ER to get stitches, ect...
    I also have two sets sealed up in our emergency kit.

I have a bunch. What I actually use is 1 pair of sweatpants, 2 pair of yoga pants, and a couple pair of capris that are either yoga pant or light sweatpants type material. I also use my pajama pants as lounge wear. Then I use one of the same regular T-shirt’s that I would wear out of the house going pretty much anywhere but work. I will run to the grocery store or to daycare pickup in the sweats or yoga pants. For other destinations I usually change into jeans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'd look through what you have & think about how frequently you wear each one. I know I have like 2 sweatshirts that get MUCH heavier wear than anything else. So, keep what you actually use and don't keep what you "ought to keep because they're not in THAT bad of shape" because soon enough, you'll have other items falling into that second category!
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

My lounge stuff consists primarily of Old Navy flag t-shirts and Old Navy PJ pants. I buy a tee every years, so I'm up to about 12 or 13 at this point. I probably have five or six pairs of pants. They tend to wear out after a couple of years. I'm at the point where it feels weird to wear "regular" clothes while I'm just putzing around the house.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I would get rid of the stuff that is the most worn; maybe save a favorite worn in sweatshirt. Once you have moved in and everything is in it’s place then I would reassess if you have too much stuff.

For me I have two pairs of black drawstring pants that I would consider lounge pants, one pair is from Gap and is 10 years old (I bought them when I was pregnant with Dd2) and another pair I bought last year from Old Navy. The Gap pair doesn’t get worn out of the house as they have a small hole at the ankle and a bleach stain on them, but the Old Navy pair maybe if I am just going to pick up Dd1 from ballet and maybe need something from the store or weighing in at Weight Watchers because they are light weight. I wear them with random t shirts or tank tops until bedtime and then sometimes sleep in them as well, but most nights put on a night gown. For winter I have two pairs of flannel pj pants that I wear with t shirts. Sometimes I will wear my wide leg yoga pants for lounging around at home if I know I might need to go somewhere.

During the week I usually wear my work clothes until dinner has been made and eaten and then I change into my pjs. Sometimes I just want to change as soon as I get home and I do, but I usually have a kid to pick up during the week so that is where the lounge pants come in handy. I just throw on a sweatshirt and or jacket and leave the house in my lounge clothes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

almostmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Oh my gosh, a lot! It's winter clothes weather now, and when I get home, I take off my work clothes and put on comfy things. I have a few pairs of fleece pj bottoms from old navy, a pair of flannel pj pants a friend gave me, 2-4 pairs of soft loungy pants, 2 pairs of sweats, maybe 6 pairs of comfy leggings, a pair of yoga pants. And the whole left side of my closet shelves has comfy and super soft sweatshirts or super soft sweaters (like chenille) I bought at target or tjmaxx for lounging. Also a couple hoodies, and a few college sweatshirts. Probably 20 things to choose from, and I regularly wear at least 10 of them. I have gotten rid of at least 3 this year, and I hold myself back from buying more when I go shopping because there are so many soft things to buy cheap these days!
    I like to be comfy around the house when I'm cooking or lounging, but also I like to look good, in a loungy way. Leggings, big soft chenille sweater with a tank underneath, glass of wine, veggies to chop. That's my ideal night.
    I could definitely get rid of some of these things.
    Liz

DS 11/03
    DD 12/05

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by almostmom View Post
    Oh my gosh, a lot! It's winter clothes weather now, and when I get home, I take off my work clothes and put on comfy things. I have a few pairs of fleece pj bottoms from old navy, a pair of flannel pj pants a friend gave me, 2-4 pairs of soft loungy pants, 2 pairs of sweats, maybe 6 pairs of comfy leggings, a pair of yoga pants. And the whole left side of my closet shelves has comfy and super soft sweatshirts or super soft sweaters (like chenille) I bought at target or tjmaxx for lounging. Also a couple hoodies, and a few college sweatshirts. Probably 20 things to choose from, and I regularly wear at least 10 of them. I have gotten rid of at least 3 this year, and I hold myself back from buying more when I go shopping because there are so many soft things to buy cheap these days!
    I like to be comfy around the house when I'm cooking or lounging, but also I like to look good, in a loungy way. Leggings, big soft chenille sweater with a tank underneath, glass of wine, veggies to chop. That's my ideal night.
    I could definitely get rid of some of these things.
    That sounds like me! I have pruned my stuff every few months. Guess I'll do another round and then just accept that I am one that likes loungy clothes.

trales is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Do you do any cooking or cleaning? That’s primarily why I change. I’m not an apron person If I wore nice clothes when cooking dinner, cleaning up they would be a wreck.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    I totally wear and apron for all cooking and cleaning up and do all the bathrooms on Sat morning (my jeans day)! I also wear an apron at work about half the day - I am a chemistry professor, I don't want to get little acid holes in all my clothes. So, I am used to wearing an apron and kind of keeping the splash down.
    Tracey

DD1 3/07 Itching to take over the universe.
    DD2 1/14 My mellow little snuggler.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast