petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Biomeridian screeing--anyone?

I started seeing a Functional medicine doctor a few weeks ago to get help with diet and lifestyle changes that can help control my MS symptoms. I have another visit with him this Friday and he wants to do Biomeridian screening. Has anyone heard of this or had it done?
    It sounds like it detects different 'energies' at acupuncture points to determine which organs and systems are weak/stressed. They say it can also detect allergies to toxins and foods.
    It sounds a little bogus and when I google it, all the naturopath websites seem to speak highly of it and all the traditional medicine once call it a scam. It will only cost me $25 but the FM doctor's office has a giant shelf of supplements that I'm sure he will try to sell me based on the results.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

I would be interested just to see what it "says" about my body.

I'm a hard core - no synthetic supplement person. Whole food/ionic only so maybe in you go in with that type of mindset and are upfront you might not have an issue?

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

div_0305 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I would do it for that price, and then say you will think about the recommended supplements and get back to him. That way you can research, maybe price compare, and think about which if any supplements you want. I know there's a lot of "hokey" stuff out there, but for $25 this does would be something I'd do.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I don’t recognize that term but I had electrodermal screening done which sounds similar. For that price I would do it.