Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Do you smile with your mouth closed? How about your partner & DC?

It's just something I've noticed more lately, how some of my friends and relatives and their kids smile with their mouths shut (not showing their teeth). Or maybe it's just more for pictures/ staged pictures? I'm curious to check out my kids' yearbooks now, to see what ratio smiles with their teeth showing, or not. I don't have the prettiest teeth (especially the last few years), and I'm kind of embarassed/ self-conscious of them, but it's just more natural for me to smile with them showing.

How about you and your loved ones?

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I find things like this fascinating. I've always smiled with teeth showing, even when I had terrible teeth before braces and even during 3 years of braces. My mouth-closed smile feels insincere. My kids do teeth smiles when they're actually happy, but their fake "smile for the camera" smiles are usually closed mouthed.
    My DH and his family generally don't even smile for photos. I've never understood it. I've whittled away at DH so he'll smile for me/our photos, but will look serious when with his family. Maybe it's a culture thing- his relatives from Mexico don't usually smile for photos.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Teeth, for sure. It’s how I look best in photos. I think most people look best that way. My mom does the no teeth one sometimes but she looks so much happier and more herself when she has a big toothy smile.
    My kids still have trouble with their fake smiles. Ds2 sometimes does no teeth as a result.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Teeth smiles for all 4 of us.

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Me: teeth for sure, same with the kids.
    Dh: mouth shut....he had a problem grinding his teeth when he was kid and didn’t have a night guard until his late teens so his teeth are literally flat on the top and he is pretty self conscious about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I smile with teeth. My kids—all four of them—smile without teeth for pictures unless I specifically mention to show them. This is their “picture face” though. They smile with teeth when genuinely happy. None of them love taking photos and I don’t take photos as often as many of my friends so maybe we’re just not used to it?

We all smile with teeth.

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Teeth
    I think it's a weird grimace for most people to smile with their mouths closed.
    K

DH always smiles with his mouth closed. I don’t even know if I would call it a smile smile, more of a pleasant expression. I don’t think he cares for his teeth, although I think they look fine. I, meanwhile, hit you with my full smile. Head slightly down and turned slightly to the side, eyes slightly up. We are such a contrast in photos.

DS smiles with his teeth, although at almost 10 he’s at that age where it’s hard to get him to smile naturally. We just took our fall photos and it was some work to get something decent looking out of him.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

trales is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DD1 doesn't show teeth, its weird to me, but I would never say anything to her. She has done it since she was a baby.
    Tracey

DD1 3/07 Itching to take over the universe.
    DD2 1/14 My mellow little snuggler.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast