Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    I agree with the others. Apologize and get it over with and don’t dwell on it.

I might also consider talking to a counselor for yourself so you have a truly independent source talk to voice your issues/concerns about your life to?

I would call your brother and see if he is doing okay and ask him if he needs help or guidance from someone else (not you) regarding his business decisions.

I would also tell your husband about your mistake....everyone makes mistakes. If he can’t understand that then maybe he needs to talk to a therapist as well.

Lots of hugs and I feel you as it seems like everything seems to happen at once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree with this. You are human, not a robot. All humans make mistakes. It was unintentional and out of the ordinary. A heartfelt handwritten apology should put an end to any guilt/shame. If it doesn't, then talking with a therapist could be helpful.
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I agree about how to apologize. It is also important to forgive yourself and be kind to yourself.

But I want to point out one other thing. I do a lot of organizing. I ask people to do lots of things. And if it's important to me, I send them a reminder. I make sure it's on their calendar. The more important the event, the more important it is to send a follow up. If I am in charge of something, it is my responsibility to ensure that everyone is available and ready to help me. So while yes you made a mistake by forgetting, this person really should have reached back out to make sure you had all the information you needed. People are not perfect, and their world does not revolve around my event.

Globetrotter is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

You sound stressed about your brother, in addition to feeling overwhelmed with your personal and family demands.

I think if it was me I would want to clear the air as soon as possible. Call them and apologize profusely. You’re only human, and we ALL make mistakes.

Give yourself a break and maybe take this as a sign to scale back a bit for now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2